Monday, May 14, 2007

Karaoke, Mama's Day, Watching Movies: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:
I got off work, ran some errands, and went to the karaoke bar. I was sleepy, so I only sang "Sail On" by The Commodores.

Saturday:

I got off work, took a nap, then got up and went to the karaoke spot again. Funny story: After my buddy David sang Godsmack's "Awake", the woman who followed him said, "Some of ya'll folks need to lighten up, I like country". David and I didn't take too kindly to this, so I decided to show her my definiton of "lighten up". When my next turn came, I decided to perform Jay-Z's "99 problems". The chorus goes, "I've got 99 problems, but a b---ch ain't one". I also dedicated it "to the ladies". It was wrong, but she asked for it. After that, I went home.

Sunday:

My brother and I went out to Moscow, Tennesee to give our mom her Mother's Day gifts. I bought her a Hallmark card (The Mahogany division) and the book Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings. It was written by Tyler Perry (Diary of a Mad Black Woman) in character as Madea. We hung out, chewed the fat, ate spaghetti and meatballs, then we headed back to Cordova. After that, I went to the Bartlett 10 (discount theater) and watched Chris Rock's latest film, I Think I Love My Wife. It was okay. I like Chris Rock's standup, and the TV show he created (Everybody Hates Chris). I think Chris needs to focus on screenwriting, directing, and maybe producing. He should play an important character, but not the lead. His acting is not as convincing as it should be. After that, I called it a night.

The weekend was slow, but this weekend should be different. Timm Scalita (Last Call Loving) had drafted King Indie (me) for a short for the next Lil' Film Festival. The topic is Freedom of Speech. Anybody who knows Timm knows that we will definitely have something interesting to contribute. Be easy, readers.

PS My uncle Gus is out of the hospital. YAAAYYY!!! I just pray that he follows the doctor's diet and takes care of himself. I don't want him to have any more heart attacks. It has given me extra incentive to whip my chubby behind into shape. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog, it’s always fun to come back and check what you have to tell us today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home