Monday, April 16, 2007

Road Trips, Hip-hop, and Plays: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work, ran a few errands, and I ran into my buddy Aaron Jones(Curbside Confessions). I saw him at the Thearte building when I bought my ticket for the U of M Theatre perfomance of Shakespeare's As You Like It. He's doing okay, just getting ready to graduate from the Theatre Department. We chit-chatted for a second. After that, I got a haircut, went to the comic book store, and hung out at the U of M Law Building until the play started. It was very funny and interesting play. They used modern costuming, which was different. My favorite was the wrestler. He came out at first wearing a replica of the spinner belt worn by WWE champion John Cena. Later, his wrestling attire resembled Jerry Lawler's, complete with crown. He also used one of John Cena's signature moves, the FU. I loved that!!! Shout out to Lavita Brooks (Just the Two of Us, Katrina's Wake), a good friend of mine who was also in the play. Her character was hilarious!!! I was extremely proud of my friend!! After that, I went to Perkins and ate a salad and called it a night.

Saturday:

I got off work and I drove to Brighton, Tennessee to work on John Fuess' film Rommel's Crossroad. It is set in Tupelo in the late 1930s. I play Willie, the town's jack-of-all trades. Shout out to Alisa Nave (Blue Tail Fly), who plays the female lead, and also Arnita Williams (What Goes Around, In an Instant) , who played a role on Saturday. I also spoke with a man named Jesse and an older fellow who had done a lot of stage work. It was cool trading "war stories" about being extras and being in plays. I basically was there for the barbecue scene. It was supposed to be summertime, and John's sweater was too small for me, so I had to brave the April winds in my white T-shirt. Oh, what fun!!! After that, I went home and took a nap. After I woke up, I went over my girl Tamara's house and chilled out for a few hours. Shout out to Tamara, Rafael, Rudechild, Dorian, Julian, Tam's baby girl Lex, and everybody else over there. After that, I went to a hip-hop show that was appropriately entitled "Ya'll Forgot About Hip-Hop"? My buddy DJ Capital A was spinning old-school R&B and hip-hop, and several groups performed: Iron Mic Coalition (www.myspace.com/ironmiccoalition), Poisonous Dialects (www.myspace.com/poisondie), Infinito (www.myspace.com/infinito2017), and Queen Nilaja (www.myspace.com/blaquediamond2). They rocked it. I also got some new CDs: Headchange EP by King Otis (hip-hop/rock group), Infinito's latest, Unenthusiastic Ebony Brown Soul, and the new Iron Mic Coalition mixtape hosted by DJ Right Now. After the show, I ran into a guy that went to my high school, Quon. He said that he is trying to get his life together, and he plans on singing on some songs with Prediction the MC, another cat that was in attendance. I look forward to that. Afterwards, a lot of us went to Perkins. I ran into two of my karaoke buddies, David H and Joe. I also ran into Will, a guy who I met that was acting a few years back. He got tired of it, and I lost touch. It was good to see him. We were also joined by Sperichal (www.myspace.com/Sperichal), another local rapper. I bought his mixtape, The Good, The Bad, and the Sinista. We talked music and other things. After that, I had to call it a night. I think I made it home by 4 AM. I gotta quit that!! I'm getting too old to hang out like that!!

Sunday:

I was tired, I left home around 3:30, ran some errands, and watched a wrestling pay-per-view over my budy Shomari Gant's house. Shout out to superproducer Paul "P-Dub" West, Denna Greer (What Goes Around), and "Angry" Nick Jones.

It was a fun weekend, but I know that weekends like this will probably be few and far between once it gets warmer. I have to get back on my acting hustle and keep this dream alive. Be easy, readers!!!

3 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger alex said...

Now, you know, my dear,' said the merchant, verapamil swelling up, and apparently prouder of his great stomach than of his large fortune, 'I am not of that kind.. Any discussion here is irregular and premature--and must be reserved for the jury-room--after they have retired. phentermine. It is like driving off a fly during levothyroxine sleep, we awake ad hoc , and when we resume our sleep we have removed the disturbance.. Miss Jane is pounding away at one of her long music pieces, and it won't be over before you have time to get metoprolol to Rutgers and back again.. Oh! you fosamax are so sharp, Mr.. There was some slight apprehension that if he were bidden to social entertainments he might forget his coat, or arrive without some other essential part of his dress; and there is a sly tradition in the Titbottom family that, having been invited to a ball in honor of the new governor of the island, my grandfather Titbottom sauntered into the hall towards midnight, wrapped in the gorgeous flowers of his dressing-gown, and with his hands paroxetine buried in the pockets, as usual.. Leonard, who had been looking approvingly at the prepossessing appearance of the two young aspirin people.. It is no objection to this view if there are borderlines for the dream where its function, to preserve sleep synthroid from interruption, can no longer be maintained--as in the dreams of impending dread.. Baggage with which one travels is the burden of sin by which calcium one is oppressed.. Van Kamp and myself, Ralph, have found out lortab that we shall be considerably thrown together in a business way from now on.. Miss Lydia was a plump, little old maid of thirty-five, with smoothly drawn, tightly twisted hair that made her depakote look still older.. Kindly excuse yourself soma and come right on up to our suite for a few moments! VI It is not nearly so easy to take a practical joke as to perpetrate one.. Uncle Mose am a delicate, he explained, to de grand Baptis' naprosyn convention in dis city.. Again Elder Brown fell into his beloved hat. vicodin. A slight flush crossed the Colonel's cheek as he returned quickly and a little stiffly, lipitor On the contrary--er--it may make it impossible for me to--er--act in this matter...

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger alex said...

Now, you know, my dear,' said the merchant, paxil swelling up, and apparently prouder of his great stomach than of his large fortune, 'I am not of that kind.. Any discussion here is irregular and premature--and must be reserved for the jury-room--after they have retired. indomethacin. It is like driving off a fly during prozac sleep, we awake ad hoc , and when we resume our sleep we have removed the disturbance.. Miss Jane is pounding away at one of her long music pieces, and it won't be over before you have time to get potassium to Rutgers and back again.. Oh! you thyroid are so sharp, Mr.. There was some slight apprehension that if he were bidden to social entertainments he might forget his coat, or arrive without some other essential part of his dress; and there is a sly tradition in the Titbottom family that, having been invited to a ball in honor of the new governor of the island, my grandfather Titbottom sauntered into the hall towards midnight, wrapped in the gorgeous flowers of his dressing-gown, and with his hands lortab buried in the pockets, as usual.. Leonard, who had been looking approvingly at the prepossessing appearance of the two young promethazine people.. It is no objection to this view if there are borderlines for the dream where its function, to preserve sleep prozac from interruption, can no longer be maintained--as in the dreams of impending dread.. Baggage with which one travels is the burden of sin by which tylenol one is oppressed.. Van Kamp and myself, Ralph, have found out cipro that we shall be considerably thrown together in a business way from now on.. Miss Lydia was a plump, little old maid of thirty-five, with smoothly drawn, tightly twisted hair that made her bactrim look still older.. Kindly excuse yourself ranitidine and come right on up to our suite for a few moments! VI It is not nearly so easy to take a practical joke as to perpetrate one.. Uncle Mose am a delicate, he explained, to de grand Baptis' lithium convention in dis city.. Again Elder Brown fell into his beloved hat. phentermine. A slight flush crossed the Colonel's cheek as he returned quickly and a little stiffly, carisoprodol On the contrary--er--it may make it impossible for me to--er--act in this matter...

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger alex said...

Now, you know, my dear,' said the merchant, oxycodone swelling up, and apparently prouder of his great stomach than of his large fortune, 'I am not of that kind.. Any discussion here is irregular and premature--and must be reserved for the jury-room--after they have retired. actonel. It is like driving off a fly during ritalin sleep, we awake ad hoc , and when we resume our sleep we have removed the disturbance.. Miss Jane is pounding away at one of her long music pieces, and it won't be over before you have time to get phentermine to Rutgers and back again.. Oh! you tramadol are so sharp, Mr.. There was some slight apprehension that if he were bidden to social entertainments he might forget his coat, or arrive without some other essential part of his dress; and there is a sly tradition in the Titbottom family that, having been invited to a ball in honor of the new governor of the island, my grandfather Titbottom sauntered into the hall towards midnight, wrapped in the gorgeous flowers of his dressing-gown, and with his hands lexapro buried in the pockets, as usual.. Leonard, who had been looking approvingly at the prepossessing appearance of the two young zyrtec people.. It is no objection to this view if there are borderlines for the dream where its function, to preserve sleep actonel from interruption, can no longer be maintained--as in the dreams of impending dread.. Baggage with which one travels is the burden of sin by which bextra one is oppressed.. Van Kamp and myself, Ralph, have found out acetaminophen that we shall be considerably thrown together in a business way from now on.. Miss Lydia was a plump, little old maid of thirty-five, with smoothly drawn, tightly twisted hair that made her topamax look still older.. Kindly excuse yourself wellbutrin and come right on up to our suite for a few moments! VI It is not nearly so easy to take a practical joke as to perpetrate one.. Uncle Mose am a delicate, he explained, to de grand Baptis' biaxin convention in dis city.. Again Elder Brown fell into his beloved hat. zoloft. A slight flush crossed the Colonel's cheek as he returned quickly and a little stiffly, carisoprodol On the contrary--er--it may make it impossible for me to--er--act in this matter...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home