Monday, May 21, 2007

Movies, Concerts, and Acting: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:



I got off work at 1 PM, got my haircut, went to Comics and Collectibles (www.memphiscomics.com), went to Oak Court Mall, and then I went home for nap. I woke up, watched a little Friday Night Smackdown, and I went to Quizno's and to the Cordova Cinema to watch Shrek 3. It was not as funny as the other ones, but it had it's moments. The four princesses were funny. Snow White (Amy Poehler), Sleeping Beauty (Cheri Oteri), Cinderella (Amy Sedaris), and Rapunzel (Maya Rudolph) were hilarious. Justin Timberlake was pretty funny as Artie, a young King Arthur. Eric Idle also shined as a hippie Merlin.



Saturday:



I got off work, met up with my buddy Paul "DJ Acydic" Briggs, and gave him some neo-soul to play during his set that night. Paul was the DJ at the Soul Cafe on Ridgeway. The Soul Cafe is affiliated with New Direction Church. They don't serve alcohol, and they focus on Christian/positive entertainment. My buddy Ramp was the MC. He's an awesome poet. The main act was a guy named JR. He is affiliated with a Christian record label called Cross Movement Records. He is a Christian R&B artist. His backup singers were also in a group. Those two guys call their group Due Season. They performed two of their songs as well. His album "Metamorphosis" is available in Christian stores, Wal-Mart, and on at www.jrsings.com.

I thoroughl enjoyed JR. Shout out also to Alpha Lex, a local Christian rapper who opened up for JR, and C. Micah, who came up after JR. Paul was also playing instrumentals of popular songs (the actual songs would be too suggestive and profane for this setting). Shout out to my coworker, Cherron, who I also saw in the place. Shout out also to Quintin Alston aka Preacher's Kid. He promotes a lot of Christian activities in Memphis. I really enjoyed myself. The whole night got me thinking about things that I need to do, like go back to church and to get stronger in my faith.



Sunday:

I met up with Timm Scalita (Last Call Lovin') and I was in his short for the next Lil' Film Fest. The theme of the next Lil' Film Fest is "Say What? Freedom of Speech", and Timm wrote a crazy script. It is definitely controversial. It's about a newscast in a world without censorship. I enjoyed it. I'm definitely not the comic relief, for a change. After all that fun, I watched a WWE pay-per-view over my good friend Shomari's house.

Overall, it was a good weekend. I had fun, saw a movie, and I actually acted. Oh, yeah, I found out that I am in one of the trailers for "My Blueberry Nights". Look for me at about the 13-14 second mark. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eE3uz_me4M

Be easy, readers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home