Monday, July 09, 2007

Parties, Gross Animals, and Karoke: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Saturday:

I got off work, took a nap, then I went to Marcus Hunter's party. Marcus Hunter is an actor in town, he was in Curbside Confessions (directed by Arnold Edwards) and In an Instant (directed by Arnita Williams). Arnold Edwards, his girlfriend Dayna Hinkle, and Stewie and Craig were there, and a lot of his friends. We networked, talked film, and tripped out. Shout out to Rick, a Chicago native. We started off at odds because he hated on the Tigers as a basketball team, but then we found some common ground when we started talking about music. Arnold fussed at me a little bit, but I deserved it. He was telling me how I'm awesome and I need to kill all the doubts I have, particularly with the opposite sex. Real friends tell you what you need to hear, regardless of the consequences. After all this excitement, I went home.

Sunday:

My big brother, Thaddeus and I channel surfed that morning. We watched the mechanic shows on Spike TV. I am not mechanically inclined, so that was interesting. We also started watching Animal Planet. Wow, animals are gross!!! They showed the praying mantis biting her male mate's head off. Old news, right? Here's the kicker: The beheaded males's body is still having intercourse with the mantis!!! EEEEWWW!!! Needless to say, my brother enjoyed my reactions to this. They also showed the horned lizard that shoots blood out of his eye, as well as the dung beetle. The male dung beetle makes a ball of....dung to impress the female dung beetle. Typical , right? The twist is that a rival male dung beetle may fight him for the dung ball because it is sure to attract the ladies. This dung beetle had to fight for his dung ball. I could've sworn the one on the top of dung hill threw an uppercut. That was crazy!!!

Later, I went to the movies and saw Surf's Up. It was a cool cartoon about surfing penguins. Shia LeBouf was the main character. James Woods was a crooked surfing promoter with a Don King hairstyle (message!). It was cool. Shout out to Ken, and shout out to Rick Hopkins, two guys I met at the U of M. They were there with their respective girlfriends (I wonder what that's like).
After that I went to Jordan's for karaoke. I performed Brian McKnight's "Find Myself in You". I was a little pitchy. I redeemed myself with my renditon of De La Soul's "Me. Myself and I". These girls started doing dance moves when I sang that. I felt pretty cool, you know? I had dancers!!! After that, I left and called it a day.

I am looking forward to working on some new projects. I have a meeting in a few days. Hopefully, I will get the role. Go hard or go home. Be easy, readers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home