Monday, July 23, 2007

Videos, One-Woman Shows, and Wrestling: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work, ran errands, took a nap, and then I went to O'Charley's. When you go to these places by yourself, they stick you at tiny tables in the corner. I felt like I was on display:"Here is the lonely man. Mock him!!!" After that, I realized I had left my cell phone at home and became fearful about being "off the grid". I went home and called it a night.

Saturday:

I got off work, went over my friend Keenon's house (director, Just the Two of Us) and got ready to assist him in filming his daughter Ashley's new video. Her stage name is Niya. We went down on Beale Street and shot some footage of Ashley walking down the street lip-synching her song. We also got some shots of her on the roof of this hotel on Madison. It was a lot of walking, but it was cool. Rod Pitts (www.pittstopproductions.com) was downtown, and he helped us out. Afterwards, we went back to Keenon's house and we discussed TV, film, and religion. Religion, afterlife, and spirituality play a part in Keenon's next feature, which he will be starting soon.

After that, I went to Jordan's Karaoke Bar/Grill and had fun. My first song was Billy Joel's "My Life". I love the 80s!!! I also performed "Party Like a Rock Star" with my buddy Josh. Shout out to Josh, David H, Phyllis, Niki, Jamie, and owner Nancy Jordan. I also joined Uncle Ricky on Tag Team's "Whoomp! (There It is)", and I assisted David H. on Jay-Z and Linkin Park's "Numb/Encore". It was fun, but I had been up for a while. I called it a night and went home.

Sunday:

I saw a one-woman show put on by Monette Mclin (Forty Shades of Blue). She plaid a lot of interesting characters and even had a piece that talked about the female circumcision that's performed in some places in Africa. That piece was very powerful. I was glad to see Monette shine. She told me that the next stop for her is doing professional theatre in Chicago. The M-town is losing another talented artist. Maybe I should follow suit. Things are moving very slow around here.

After that, I ran errands and went over my boy Shomari's mom's house and watched another WWE pay-per-view, The Great American Bash. It was kinda lame this time, but I still love wrestling. Hopefully, next month's pay-per-view will be better.

I may be an extra in a video from local Christian rapper Mr. Del. I am also auditioning for other prohjects. I REALLY need something to happen soon. Local filmmakers, I am willing to be in some shorts for the next Lil' Film Fest. The topic is Elvis, and I like some Elvis music. Let's make it happen. Please, I want to work!!! Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home