Monday, November 05, 2007

Birthdays, Disappointments, and Hanging Out:The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off at 6 PM, then I went to Best Buy and checked out some CDs. I decided to purchase the soundtrack to the animated Transformers movie, the one from the 1980s. Yes, I am a geek. After that, I went to the Chilis across from the Wolfchase Mall. I was supposed to meet local filmmaker Arnold Edwards, his girlfriend Dayna Hinkel, and other friends there. We were celebrating Dayna's birthday. I bought her Lance Bass' autobiography. She was an NSYNC fan, and she liked it. It took us forever to get seated at Chilis. It was very packed. Shoutout to actor Glen Ring (Dollars and Signs, Rommel's Crossroad) and actor Dedrick Bullard (Eat, Rookie Bookie). It was a nice evening. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Afterwards, we went back to Arnold and Dayna's place and ate cake. I am happy for Dayna. That's my girl.

Saturday:

I got up early and ironed my clothes and put possible outfits in my car, anticipating working on a short. The shoot was canceled. I went to Studio on the Square movie theater and watched The Assassination of Jesse James. It had solid performances from Brad Pitt, Casey Affleck (Ben's brother), and Sam Rockwell. However, it was too freakin' long!!! They could've cut out 45 minutes, seriously. After that, I went to Steak Escape, then I went home and read some comics. I just really didn't feel like going out alone again. I decided to be alone at home.

Sunday:

I got up, disappointed that I hadn't received a call from the big-budget film Nothing But the Truth. They were looking for extras for Sunday, and I sent them an email with my headshot and resume attached. However, they never called me Saturday night. Maybe it didn't happen. Maybe I didn't have the look. Maybe they'll call me soon. Oh, well. I watched the Tennessee Titans game. They beat the Carolina Panthers. Then, I hung out with Bryan Newcomb. We couldn't decide on a movie to watch, so we went to the urban clothing stores on American Way. I found a cool T-shirt and an interesting conversation with a store employee and a customer. The customer said that she was leaving to "cheat on her husband". I looked at her crazy, hoping that she was joking. She started calling me the "moral police" and got very defensive. Oh, well, I hope she doesn't get hurt. Many people don't take kindly to unfaithfulness from their mates.

Later, I went to Jordan's Karaoke Bar and Grill. No one showed up for karaoke, but the owner's husband, Jeff Jordan, let me sing a few songs. I sang "I Wish" by Carl Thomas, "Can You Stand the Rain" by New Edition, "Come See Me" by 112, and "Big Pimpin" by Jay-Z featuring UGK. I also dueted with Quinn, another Jordan's employee, on Linkin Park's "In the End". Good times.

Hopefully, the short that I was hoping to act in will take place next week, and hopefully Nothing But the Truth will call me to be an extra. They had actually originally called me about 2 weeks ago, but I had to turn them down because I had to give a test at my job that day. It's hard balancing my dream (acting) with reality (day jobs). Lord willing, one day my dream will BE my reality. Be easy, readers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home