Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fake Blood, Buffets, and Background: The Weekend Update Plus Monday

Friday:

I shot on Cigarette Girl again. I finally met the actress who plays the Cigarette Girl. Her name is Cori. She doesn't live in Memphis, and she works in a skate shop. She is very cute and friendly. She kept making jokes about killing us because she murders the characters played my me and my good buddy Christian B. Christian's death scene was awesome. Mine was somewhat awesome. I keep telling them that I am a little bit jaded because this is my fifth or sixth death scene. We were shooting at the Tempo Market on Watkins. Every time we cut, people ran into the store and made purchases. I have never filmed in a store that was still open like that before. It was a little distracting, but I made it through.

Saturday:

I went to work, got off work and went to Comics and Collectibles. I took place in the Entertainmetn Overload podcast, which is found at www.eopodcast.wordpress.com. I also took place in the Geekland Podcast, which is found at www.geeklandpodcast.com. Afterwards, we all went out to Buffet Star, a Chinese buffet place. I gotta say this: The bathrooms were nasty. The food was okay. Shoutout to Justin Vactor and Chris Eaton, who were on the podcast. Afterwards, I went to Target with Willie Gilless and Ben Songer, the other podcasters. Afterwards, I went to TCBY and ate a yogurt and read some comics.

After that, I went to the Vault on Highland for Chris Haley's birthday party. Shoutotut to April Steele(is for real),Lauren, Curt Franklin, David H, Joe, Broadway, and the rest of Chris Haley's friends. Shoutout also to the manager of the Vault, Nathan. We sang karaoke. David H. and I performed Kris Kross' "Jump" and "Ugly" by Bubba Sparx. I also sang "Iko Iko" and "My Love" by Justin Timberlkake featuring T.I. with Joe. My solo songs were "Summertime" by New Kids on the Block,"We Will Rock You/We are the Champions" for Chris (he's a big Queen fan), "My Life" by Billy Joel, and "I Want It that Way" by the Backstreet Boys. Hey, Chris and another guy had sang NSync's "Bye Bye Bye", so I felt that I had to respond with some Backstreet. Curt Franklin and I also teamed up for "Stronger" by Kanye West. I had a good time, but I started feeling like I was coming down with something, so I left. Also, extra special shoutout to my good friend Sean George. He told me that he and his girlfriend Anna will be parents in March. That's cool. They are good people and I wish them the best.

Sunday:

I was an extra in N-Secure, a movie filming in Memphis. Local actress Janeen Farmer was one of the production assistants that monitored the extras. Shoutout to fellow actors Don Myers, Carl, Jean Henderson, and my girl April Hale who was a stand-in for one of the lead actresses. I also met some cool new people: Wendell, a male stand-in, and some cool fellow extras, Mike Jones, Michelin, and Christina. Christina and I played a couple on Beale Street. She was very cute, and had a sense of humor. She told me that she came to Memphis to go to nursing school. She teased me because I told her that I listen to a lot of independent R&B artists that nobody's heard of and because I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. She even asked me if I fornicated. That was a little awkward. She was very cool. I should've gotten her number. Maybe next time. I was on set from 2PM-11:30 PM. I was paid about $5.74/hr. That will be a nice check.

Monday:

I was a little under the weather, so I called in sick. Leave me alone, I've only left work sick once this year. I'm not a machine!!!

I have wrapped almost everything. I have no idea what I will work on next. I could use a little rest this week, after working on two films last week. We'll see. Be easy, readers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home