Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Podcasting, Videos, and Wrestling: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I went to Hastings and bought a few things, then I went to Cici's Pizza.

Saturday:

I got my hair cut, went to Valvoline, and participated in the Geekland podcast (www.geeklandpodcast.com). They also did the Entertainment Overload Podcast (www.eopodcast.com) Shout out to Justin Vactor, Willie Gilless, Ben Songer, and Kevin Coll of Fused Film(www.fusedfilm.com). It was cool.

After that, I went to the movies and saw Stepbrothers. It dragged a little, but Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are hilarious!! It seemed like they adlibbed the entire movie.

Sunday:

I took part in a video shoot for a local rock band called the New Intruders. One of the band members in the New Intruders, Christopher McCoy, has a production company with is wife, Laura Hocking McCoy, called Oddly Buoyant Productions. The video was for a cool song called "Fighting Machines". It was cool. The band rocked out, and local filmmaker Sarah Fleming directed it. Actor/filmmaker John Pickle also helped out with the shoot. Shout out to local actors Bret Magdovitz, Jeff Pope, Annie Gaia, and others. The shoot involved girls jello wrestling. It was kinda awesome.

After that, I went home, took a nap, and went to my boy Shomari's house and watched a WWE pay-per-view, Summerslam. It was cool. I also talked comics with Shomari and this other guy.

Monday:

I went to an advance screening of Longshots. Ice Cube played a guy who goes on to coach his niece who becomes the first female to play in the Pop Warner Football Superbowl. I sat with Justin Vactor and his parents. It was cool, the crowd kinda made it interesting, but Justin and I realized that we weren't the target audience. It's for the kiddies, but it was a nice, touching story.

I guess podcasting is on the order for this weekend, maybe some filming. C'mon, filmmakers, let's make something happen!!! Be easy, readers!!

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I guess podcasting is on the order for this weekend.
Free Podcasting Secrets

 

Post a Comment

<< Home