Monday, September 29, 2008

Hot wings, Insomnia, and Paid Lounging:The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work, went home, and chilled out.

Saturday:

I got my haircut early in the morning. Shoutout to Cartrell at Jabo's. Later, I participated in the Geekland Podcast (www.geeklandpodcast.com) and the Entertainment Overload podcast(www.eopodcast.wordpress.com). Shoutout to Ben Songer, Willie Gillis, Justin Vactor, and Chris Eaton. Later, we all went to Buffalo Wild Wings and had a late lunch. Afterwards, everybody but Justin (he went home to edit) saw the movie Choke. Sam Rockwell (Charlie's Angels, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind)plaid a con artist who chokes on food in restaurants so he can hustle the wealthy people who save him. Angelica Huston played his aging mother. It was a pretty good film. I will give it 3.5/5 stars on flixster.com.

After that, I went home. I got a call telling me to be on the set of N-Secure at 8:30 in the morning. I tried to go to sleep early, but I woke up at 1 AM. I was up for another 3 hours. Things were not looking good.

Sunday:

I made it to set by 8:12 AM. I ran into Blake, who was over the extras and stand-ins. Shoutout also to Janine Farmer, who was also over the extras. Shoutout to Learyn Wilde, who was an extra, and to another extra that I met, Cooli Crawford. My mom's maiden name is Crawford, so we might be "kin". I was on set for all of 15 minutes. I was a stand-in. A stand-in is an actor who stands in for the main actor
while they are getting ready or while the crew is changing lights and changing angles, etc. I was the stand-in for Nephew Tommy who is on the syndicated radio program, The Steve Harvey Morning Show. I got to read his lines with the actor who he was in the scene with. I also briefly met a very beautiful actress, Toni Trucks. She played the assistant to a character named David. She was real cool. I was not speaking a lot because it's not good to talk while you're on set. People are focused on their parts and trying to work. After Tommy came to set, I went to the room where the extras were located. One extra brought a laptop and and some DVDs. We watched Forbidden Kingdom, Freedom Writers,and a little bit of I Am Legend. After lunch, I sat in another room with the other crew members and the female stand-in, April Hale. I've worked with hero on local produtions in town. We sat for about 2.5 hours until the director let the extras and the stand-ins go. Next, I went to some wrestling at the New Daisy. It was Mid-South All-Star Wrestling, or MAW. Shoutout to Johnnie Dotson, who went to my high school and wrestled on the show. Also, shoutout to Derrick King, Reno Diamond, and Danny B. Goode. These guys were exceptional, in my opinion.

After that, I went to the Karaoke Smackdown for a little bit. I sang "Lookin' Boy", a song that is basically about putdowns that end in "lookin' boy", like "Let your soul glow! Curl lookin' boy". I started laughing, so I was a little off with the lyrics. Later, me and my buddy Joe sang "Seasons of Love" from Rent. Everybody kept doing Broadway songs, so me and Joe decided to mess with them and do our horrible version. My last song was "Say It Ain't So" by Weezer. I had to leave because of the cigarette smoke.

I still have one movie that I am trying to finish. I will probably call the filmmmakers about that next week. I would be okay with a weekend of no filming right now. Be easy, readers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home