Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Haircuts, Podcasts, and Films: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work, got a haircut, went to Comics and Collectibles to get my weekly stash of comics(check them out at www.memphiscomics.com), and then I went home.

Saturday:

I got off work, and podcasted with my crew. Shoutout to Justin Vactor, Ben Songer, Willie Gillis, and Ben's uncle. Check out the podcasts at www.geeklandpodcast.com and fusedfilm.com. After that, I chilled out with Justin and we watched 106 & Park and some Saturday Night Live skits. Then, I went home.

Sunday:

I chilled out until about 6 PM. I got some Quiznos, went to Hastings and bought some comics, and then I saw Doubt. In this movie, Meryl Streep plays a nun who suspects a priest (played by Phillip Seymour Hoffman) of molesting an African-American altar boy. Amy Adams plays a naive nun who brings the situation to Streep's attention. This movie is pretty awesome. Streep and Hoffman give great performances. I will give it 4.5 stars on flixster.com.

That was pretty much the weekend. I am going to try to write more reviews to spice up this ol' blog. We'll see how it goes. Be easy, readers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home