Monday, December 15, 2008

St. Jude, Parties, and Laziness: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work and visited my cousin Cameron at St. Jude. He has cancer, and he's only 3 years old. That's heavy. He was not in a good mood. They were giving him a blood transfusion. Also, I think the medicine is making him sick. His mom, Kaci, was laying in the bed with him. I hung out in the adjoining room with his two brothers and one sister while the medical people showed Kaci and her husband Chris the shots that they will have to give him. Not fun. So, I hung out in the other room and watched a lot of Disney channel. I still think I want a job with Disney. The plots are very childlike and simple, and it's a steady paycheck. Shoutout to Cameron and the rest of the Cox family. It was good to see my family, even though the circumstances were crappy.

Saturday:

I got off work, and then I went to White Station High to film my scenes for "That's What I Love About Concrete". I think that's the working title. Shoutout to Katherine and Alanna, the directors. I was a little tired, but we got through it. After that, I went to Dan Baker's house. Dan is a filmmaker in town that I met. I watched people play the Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe videogame. It's a cool little game. We also watched this short that Dan directed, Plain Jane.
It was cool. I also met this guy, I can't remember his name, but he was into hip-hop. We talked music. They were cool people. A lot of the people there were Christians, and I need some good, moral people in my circle of friends.

After that, I went to a party in Midtown at the home of Chris McCoy and Laura Hocking-McCoy. Laura Jean is always nice to me, God bless her. Shoutouts also to Don Myers, Patrick Cox, Sarah Fleming, Christopher Reyes, Adam Remsen, McKenzie Stonis, Danna, Bess, and others that I talked to. I was enjoying myself, but then I got sleepy, so I left. I also think I whined to enough filmmakers about not working enough this year that I should have some roles next year. No, I have no shame. Not any. At all.

Sunday:

I hung around the house all day. I watched the Titans lose to the Houston Texans. Hey, we're 12-2. I didn't think we'd do that well. I think we are an overachieving team. I fear that the rug may be pulled out from under us. Later, I ate mexican food at the restaurant My Favorite Place, then I went to Hastings. I bought a used graphic novel that collected issues of Savage Dragon. I like that book. At the price of $7.49, it was quite the bargain, readers.

Monday:

There are ice storm warnings and all sorts of craziness. I'll deal with it if it happens, I guess. Lawd (Lord) knows, I could use some time off. Be easy, readers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home