Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Podcasting, Movies, and Barack: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work, paid some bills, got a fresh haircut, then I went back to work to close up. Man, this is the life.

Saturday:

I podcasted with Willie Gillis, Ben Songer, and Justin Vactor. Check them out at www.geeklandpodcast.com and at www.fusedfilm.com. Next, I went over my cousin Gloria's house for her b-day party. I was a little late, most people had come and left. Then, I met up with my podcast crew again to watch The Last Dragon. Ben had never seen it. He said it was okay. I love it, even thought it's kind of bad. Next, we played rock band. I mainly sang. I tried to play guitar a little bit. It was cool.

Sunday:

I chilled around the house, then I went to the movies that evening to see Gran Torino. Clint Eastwood was great, but most of the actors were horrible. The story seemed a little silly as well. I give it 3/5 stars. I also finished watching Babylon AD. Boy, that film could've been good, but the ending was stupid. It gets 2.5/5 stars. I also bought the Starcade Collection on DVD. Ah, classic wrestling!!

Monday:

I chilled in the house until about 4 PM. I saw Notorious. It was a biopic about the rapper Notorious B.I.G. Rapper Jamal Woolard became Biggie, Derek Luke was decent as Puffy, Angela Bassett was great as Biggie's mom, and the actresses playing Lil' Kim and Faith Evans (Biggie's widow) did excellent jobs as well. I had concerns, but it was a darn good film. It gets 4/5.

Tuesday:

Okay, hooray, hooray, we have an African-American president. I am happy, but I am not really in a celebratory mood. We are still poor, the economy still sucks, and our loved ones are still in Iraq. This is not the end, people!! America has some very pressing issues that still need to be addressed. Sorry, but I had to be the reality check. Be easy, readers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home