Monday, June 05, 2006

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work, changed into my "wardrobe" and shot a scene for Curbside Confessions. I signed a confidentiality agreement, so I can't say anything, but I will say it was intense and challenging.

Saturday:
I had an early birthday breakfast (it's actually today) with my parents at IHOP near the Wolfchase Mall. It was cool to chill with the family. I learned that my little cousin Alison has a serious medical condition. I can't remember the name, but it's serious. She's doing fine right now, but I am concerned. My mom gave me a $50 check and two cards. The check was deposited shortly afterwards. Later on, Bryan Newcomb (Just the Two of Us, Mail Call) and I went to the Oak Court Mall, then to the "urban" clothing stores on American Way. Later on, my friends and I celebrated my birthday at On the Border. Denna Greer (What Goes Around) and Paul "P-Dub" West gave me a gift bag, which contained a Napoleon Dynamite birthday card (that movie rocks), popcorn, Reese's Pieces, a gift card for Spin Street (Sweet!), and the Rize DVD. Shout out to Shomari Gant, Terrance Jones and his girlfriend, Paul Briggs, anoher Terrence, Walt, Shankika, Big Chris, Mario, Wanda, Jamaica, and Bryan Newcomb for attending. The next phase got a little tricky. Walt, the second Terrence, and Bryan left, and the rest of us went to the movies. I suggested Mission Impossible, but most people had seen that and wanted to see The Break-Up. I agreed, and I thoroughly enjoyed that movie. Vince Vaughn was hilarious. Their arguments seemed authentic. Jon Favreau (Rudy) was funny as Vince's best friend.

Sunday:

I attended a read-through for Tricks. The writer/director/star DeAara Lewis was there, as was her sister, Deneka, who is in the film, as well as Morris Chism (Imagine), April Hale (The Survivor, Imagine), Kim Skipper (Imagine, What Goes Around), and Christian who is a hypeman with the group FreeSol (www.freesol.net). Jon Sparks (Delusions, Across the River) was also there. Sparky has this great evil character named Sebastian Crump. I believe his performance will be great (You feel the pressure now, don't you, Sparky?). I started feeling a little under the weather, so I headed home. Be easy, readers.

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Jon W. Sparks said...

Ah, well, a little pressure is always good. Makes for a more authentic performance. Although all I have to do is get inside my authentically evil self. Most people don't think I have that aspect. Yes, well, that's why it stays hidden. Bwahahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home