Thursday, July 26, 2007

Another night at the Karaoke Bar and other ramblings

I got off work, dropped off my friend "Uncle" Marvin Skinner, and then I made it back to my side of town. I stopped in at Jordan's Karaoke Bar and Grill. Shout out to the owner Nancy Jordan, Glenn, David H, Joe, Tony, Terry, and the rest of my Jordan's crew. I was feeling a little depressed and lonely so I sang Carl Thomas' "I Wish". The song is about a guy who fell in love with a girl that he finds out is "unhappily married with children". I'm not in that situation, but I know about being alone. I could write books!!! Of course, I got depressed, so I ate bad food: barbecue nachos. I know I shouldn't have, I know I need to lose weight, but darnit, they were good!!! Man, trying to lose weight sucks when you're not happy and focused...that's what worked last time. I have to keep trying, though. At least I was able to lose myself in the song for a moment. The loneliness has really been getting to me lately. Maybe it'll pass, like it normally does. Maybe it'll consume me. Maybe I'll luck up and meet a nice lady. Who the heck knows? I just know that I can't give up. I'm King Indie, darnit!!! I'm good enough, I'm smart enough....okay, I'm sounding like Stewart. Dang, I think I need a hug. And some no sugar added apple pie. And a blanket. And a teddy bear. And some cool DVDs. Hopefully, with some of the callbacks and potential auditions coming my way, I can lose myself in that. One can only hope. Be easy, readers!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home