Monday, November 19, 2007

Cattle Calls, Disappointment, and Poses: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work and I went to Blockbuster Video. I had a coupon for a free rental. I chose The City of Violence. It was an action film made in Korea. I chose to watch it in subtitles. It was different, but I liked it. I may have to purchase it later.

Saturday:

I went to the Comics and Collectibles and chewed the fat with these guys who tape a podcast at the store every Saturday. We were chitchatting about comics. They wanted me to talk on the podcast, but I had to go to an audition for Oliver Stone's movie Pinkville. I stood in a long line, but I was talking to this guy named Ian who was in the movie Eat. Shout out to my boys J-Kim and Tayrye, who were helping with casting. Shout out to Patrick (Eat, Curbside Confessions) and my buddies Kenon Walker and Mowbray who were in full Army camoflauge. Maybe that helped, because they got to go to the second phase of the cattle call. They went behind a curtain and talked to the casting people. I made it inside, but the took a look at me, took my info, and said "Thanks for coming". I didn't even get to sing like some people did. Oh, well, it might have been difficult for me to take a leave of absence for 6-8 weeks. I might have had to resign, which would have been scary. Those two weeks of boot camp might have done me in as well. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and I am out of shape. I have been losing weight, though. I was depressed and tired from waking up too early. I guess I was anxious. I went to Perkins, went home and took nap, and I woke up feeling better. I just watched DVDs until I went to sleep.

Sunday:

I gave Rod Pitts his early birthday present: Stevie Wonder's latest collection of number one singles. He played music that he's considering using for some projects and we chatted for a minute. I left there and went to Borders. I had a $5.oo off coupon, and I was going to buy Rod's present, the Special Edition DVD of Harboiled. Don't worry, he knows it's coming. The checkout line was too long so I had to leave without it. I made it to the home of Chris McCoy and Laura Hocking by 4:30 to act in their short for the next Lil' Film Fest. The theme is Resolutions. They decided to make a parody of all those celebirty fragrance commercials and the Calvin Klein Obsession ads. The fragrance is called Resolutions, and I am Markus Seaberry, the famous actor (as opposed to Markus Seaberry, the up and coming indie actor). It was a lot of fun. We shot at Chris and Laura's home and at the Madison Hotel. I was fresh in my black suit...it's the only suit I have. Laura played my "bimbo". I prefer to think of her as my main girl. It was cool to play at being a celebrity and have fake photo shoots. I was trying to give 'em my Blue Steel look (if you've seen Zoolander, you get that). I don't know if Mom would want to see this one, but it was fun. Thanks to Chris and Laura for choosing me for the project, and to Adam Remsen for doing additional camera work. It's hard work being fly, let me tell you.

Monday:

This morning, I received news that Oliver Stone's Pinkville has been postponed. Apparently, the script is not ready for shooting, and the writers won't revise it because of the Writer's Guild of America strike. Many of my friends felt good about their chances. I am sorry for them. I support the writers and their demands, but as an up-and-coming actor trying to transition from low-budget indies to "the Big Time", this strike is a little disheartening. No writers means no scripts, and no scripts means no work. Be easy, readers.

1 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You were awesome Sunday night! Thank you for helping us out. I can't wait for you to see it--you look like a million bucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home