Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Terrible Twos, Karaoke, and Inactivity: The One Day Late, Three-Day Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work and saw Michael Clayton. George Clooney played a lawyer who specializes in fixing messes who gets caught up in a plot by a corrupt corporation. Clooney was solid, but the movie dragged. I ran into one of the guys that was an extra on My Blueberry Nights while leaving the movie theater. He was with his wife. We talked about Nothing But the Truth, the new Little Brother album (Getback), and the very awesome new Jay-Z album (American Gangster). After that, I called it a night.

Saturday:

I got up, got a haircut, hung out at the comic book store (Comics and Collectibles), and then I had an audition for a Graduate School film. The director was Anwar Jamison aka rapper 2Dash. We attended the U of M around the same time back in the day. He's in the grad school film program. After auditioning, I chatted with him and his cameraman about film, music, and other things. After that, I went to my friend Tamara'a house to celebrate her daughter Lexi's 2nd birthday. Boy, those twos might really be terrible!!! Lexi yelled at me for using her toy mp3 player, yelled at another little girl for playing with her toys, and yelled at Tamara, saying, "You aren't my friend!!" Her favorite word is "Nooo!" After that, I went to Jordan's Karaoke Bar and Grill. I sang a few songs, then I left. I was tired, and I am also tired of going out by myself. They say no man is an island. Shoot, my middle name is Tahiti!!! I went home and called it a night.

Sunday:

I went to Valvoline and got a tune-up, then I called Bryan Newcomb. We saw Fred Claus. Vince Vaugh, Kathy Bates, Rachel Weisz, and Paul Giamatti were solid, and the film had some warm, fuzzy moments. I felt good. Fortunately, that foolishness didn't last long. Then, I went over my boy Shomari's mom's house to watch some wrestling on pay-per-view. After that, I picked Bryan up and we went to the Karaoke Smackdown show at the Vault on Highland. Shout out to the host Turtlewaxx aka David H. Shout out to Sean George and his friends. I don't go there too often now because I work in the mornings now. I figured that I would take a chance since I was off the next day. Yay Veteran's Day!!!! Thanks for protecting us civlians from threats at home and abroad.

Monday:

I did a whole lot of nothing. I watched this wrestling DVD, Rey Misterio 619. I also started watching The Transporter Special Edition DVD. I hadn't seen the film in a while, so I had forgotten some parts. I went to Shoney's for dinner, then it was back to my house.

I plan to audition to be a soldier in Oliver Stone's film Pinkville. It is an army film, and he is having casting calls for soldiers in Memphis and New York. If you are chosen, you get flown to Thailand and get a salary, free room and board, and a per diem. That's like a little stipend you can use to buy things. Of course, I would have to request a leave of absence or (gasp!) quit my job. If I get it, I have to go for it. I am also scheduled to act in a short directed by Chris McCoy and Laura Hocking (Oddly Buoyant Productions). My film mentor Rod Pitts is supposed to be the Director of Photography (cameraman) on it. I am really ready to act in something again. Be easy, readers!!

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Map Finder said...

Interesting blog...

Check out my blog if you get a chance: eight-thirty.blogspot.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home