Monday, August 04, 2008

Podcasting, Theatre, and Movies: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off of work, watched WWE Smackdown, and chilled out.

Saturday:

I got my hair cut early in the morning, then I went home and back to sleep. Afterwards, I went to Comics and Collectibles and joined Willie Gilless, Ben Songer, and Justin Vactor for the Geekland Podcast (www.geeklandpodcast.com) and the Entertainment Overload podcast(www.eopodcast.com). Geekland went pretty smooth, but Entertainment Overload didn't. I have gotten accused of "spoiling" shows. Also, they started talking about The Sarah Silverman Program. I think she's a racist, and I said I'd throw a rock at her if I see her. I'm sorry, but I think she is racist and hateful. I am just sick of people making fun of other people's race or orientation. It's just not needed.

After the podcasts, I went to the preview of the Hattiloo Theatre's upcoming season. Shout out to Rodney Lomax, who brought his two daughters and his nephew out. We chitchatted about writing and acting. Shout out also to Janeen Farmer, who perfomed a monologue from Celebrity Slave Ship . There was also a magician. It was fun, but it was crowded. I went back to Comics and Colectibles, but the Fused Film podcast was over.

Later, I went to see The Wackness, which stars Josh Peck, of Nickelodeon's Drake and Josh, as a high school graduate enjoying his last summer before college in 1994. It was a good film with a great early 90s soundtrack. I gave it a 3.5/5 on flixster.com.

Sunday:

I stayed at home and finished watching most of the extras on JLA: New Frontier. Later, I went to the discount movie theater (Bartlett 10) and watched The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. It was a little long, but it was okay. I will give it a 3/5 on flixster.com

Monday:

I received an email asking for extras for Craig Brewer's Five Dollar Cover, but we are shorthanded at my work and I am unable to get off. Oh, well, at least I can still get considered for an extra position. Hopefully, I will get some acting in this week. Don't stop believing. Be easy, readers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home