Sunday, March 08, 2009

Camera 1, Markus 0 (Live From Memphis)

I’ve got a tale to tell of a film shoot gone wrong. If you read my last blog, you know that I had gotten a role in a short student film. Friday, the first day of shooting went relatively well. I was mainly providing a point of reference and recording my voice for the scenes we were filming.

Saturday, I was filming with an actor who was playing a thief. Basically, he would catch me off guard, put a gun to the back of my head, drag me into the living room, and push me down. There would be a mat in the spot where I was supposed to fall. I’m a five-year veteran of independent film—I figured that I could do this in my sleep. Sure enough, we made it through with time to spare, so we decided to get ahead by shooting a scene scheduled for Sunday. The “thief” would push me onto the mat, I would flail and lose the package I was carrying, and then we would exchange some dialogue.

To read more, go to:
http://media.livefrommemphis.com/blog/ageekandhisblog/448-actor-diaries-camera-1-markus-0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home