Thursday, May 12, 2005

A View at the Movies: Crash

I saw the movie Crash last weekend. I was very impressed. It was a brilliant ensemble piece. Don Cheadle plays a detective who is sleeping with his partner. He has a crack-addicted mother who pesters him about looking after his brother, who is a carjacker. Either Larenz Tate or Ludacris are his brothers, you don't know which one in the beginning, and I'm not telling, either. They carjack a hotshot district attorney (Brendan Fraser) and his desparate housewife (Sandra Bullock). There is also an Indian shop owner who has been the victim of a robbery and he decides to buy a gun. And Terrence Howard is a TV producer who is harrassed by cops (Matt Dillon, Ryan Phillipe) after they catch him and his wife being intimate in a car. All these seemingly separate stories blend together into a very entertaining tale that shows how the simplest actions can have lasting ramifications. Ludacris is also very good in this movie. I may have to add him to my short list of rapper/actors worth watching (Mos Def, I see you). The twists and turns in this plot had me intrigued from start to finish. After the movie ended, I literally stood up and proclaimed to my friend, "This is a great freakin' movie!" I was very impressed. I want to see it again. I want this on DVD with director's commentary. I give this movie six stars on a five-star scale. Go see this immediately. Hire a sitter, take a day off from work, rush to the movies and see this. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home