Thursday, April 21, 2005

No Pain, No Gain

Wow! A regular post! I got a little caught up in being the poor man's Leonard Maltin. Last wekend involved a lot of movie viewing. Okay, I am back with my regular rants and raves on this crazy thing we call life...Okay, that was corny. I believe today I shall vent some more about my frustrations as a non-starving artist (Darn a street corner). It gets a little frustrating sometimes here in the Memphis indie film scene. I have completed parts in three movies that no one has seen. It's been over a year since I've shot some of these roles. The movie that me and my good buddy are working on is still "in production". Translation: People will not come through and finish their stinking roles and we don't want to start over because we're too close to the end. We average a weekend every two months. It's frustrating. One movie is being edited, and one movie I don't know about because I lost the guy's number. Although I'm venting, I still love it. It's just hard working with people who don't have a love for it. If you're not being paid, and you don't really love it, it's a little hard to be committed. I love it. I'm doing it for free. I believe in me. I'm talented, darnit! I continue to live by the mantra "You've got to play like you don't need the money, play like you never get hurt. You've got to dance like nobody's watching. It's gotta come from the heart if you want it to work." Be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home