Thursday, February 09, 2006

Gotta Warm up First Next Time

Last night, I went to Willie Moffat's and sang karaoke with Forrest Pruett (Forty Shades of Blue, Delusions), Candace, Eric, and others. My first song was Michael Jackson's "Black or White". I was OK. My second song was Kanye West's "Gold Digger". I did okay, but I was out of breath. Kanye raps at a brisk pace on that song! For my third number, I attempted the obscure R&B hit "She's Playing Hard to Get" by Hi-5. I want to apologize to the members of Hi-5, the writers of that song, their families, and Hi-5 fans everywhere. My performance sucked. I know that's part of the fun of karaoke, but you know actors are always nervous about our performances. I finally got it right with my last song, the Beatles' "Come Together". Hopefully, things will be better tonight at Flashback's. Be easy, readers.

Plug Time!

Support the R&B/soul group GRIP as they present a Valentine's R&B showcase this Saturday, February 11. GRIP includes vocalists Thomas Spurlock, Whisper, and Syreeta, along with keyboardist/producer Paul "P-Dub" West. The showcase will be at the Center for Southern Folklore. The start time is 8:30. The admission is $10.00 at the door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home