Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Another talented friend

My friend Max Ptah (that's his stage name) has a new CD out entitled The Memphite Theology. It's hip-hop, but it's a lot more intelligent and thought-provoking than that 50 Cent garbage. Yeah, I said it. Deal with it!!! Anyway, the CD is really cool. I am glad that he finally dropped a solo CD after having been a member of the group Pirana University for years (www.piranau.com) . He even has a remix of a song named Asonance (no dirty jokes, please) that was produced by my good friend Fathom 9 of the Iron Mic Coalition (www.ironmic.net). You can also find out more about him on www.MemphisTerminal.com and on www.myspace.com/ptahmaximus. I think my favorite track is track 3 produced by Paul "P-Dub" West entiteld Shattered Dreams. Of course, that may be because I was there for part of that recording. What's even cooler is that he thanked P-Dub, the IMC, my boy Bryan Newcomb (Divine Manipulation of the Threads, Just the Two of Us) and me in the liner notes Well, he said Seaberry, but it's gotta be me! I'm the only Seaberry he knows. That is so cool to me. I have never been thanked in someone's liner notes. That is so awesome to me. So, if you like hip-hop that's different from your run-of-the-mill, materialisitic hogwash, buy The Memphis Theology on www.cdbaby.com. Be easy, readers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home