Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I Gotta Start Stretching

We are in the home stretch for rehearsals for "Waltzing in Memphis", the political satire that the Memphis Gridiron Association is performing. I know my lines, I just have to remember to make my voices and mannerisms distinct, know where I come in at, and now, chorography and dances. It's crazy. They worked us yesterday. I felt like I was on Fame. All I needed was Debbie Allen to appear saying, "You got big dreams, you want fame, well, fame costs, and right here is where you start paying, in sweat". My 80s kids know what I'm talking about. I was dog tired last night. I have got to stretch tonight. It's crazy. It should be fun, though. I am portraying Willie Herenton, Ricky Peete, Robert Lipscomb, John Ford, and a zombie. I also have two solo parts in group songs. And, well, I guess I can tell you this...today, I had to buy some black tights. This has been an experience. I never thought I would ever make statements like, "Crap, I need to buy my tights!" Somewhere in the recesses of my mind, I figured that if I did wear tights, I'd be a superhero, Power Ranger, or a swashbuckler or something. No, I'm wearing tights to play Ricky Peete. Every day is a winding road, indeed. Oh, well, I hope to "break a leg", and I pray I don't "pull a hamstring". Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home