Thursday, March 09, 2006

Karaoke: The Lost Years

Last night, I ventured to Moffat's and chilled with Forrest Pruett (Forty Shades of Blue, Divine Manipulation of the Threads) and Shaun Green (Divine Manipulations, upcoming: Curbside Confessions). I performed "The Corner" by Common. I was the only African-American in the crowd, so I don't think people got it. Common's a great rapper, though (http://www.common-music.com/, http://www.myspace.com/common). Forrest performed "If You Could Only See", and Shaun performed the popular country ditty, "I Should've Been a Cowboy". I also met Shaun's mom, she's way cool. Forrest and I were informed that the rest of our "posse" was at Grand Station on Summer. Forrest and I motored over there in our separate vehicles and met up with Heather Godsey, Joe Smith (Elvis miniseries, Arrogant Dead People) and Lina (Delusions, upcoming: Curbside Confessions). Lina performed Evanescence's "Bring Me to Life". Honestly, I think the lead singer of that band would be jealous if she saw the way Lina rocked it! Forrest did Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name". Love the 80s, man! I performed James Blunt's "Beautiful". I felt pretty good about it, and the crowd loved it as well. I joined someone else who was performing "Shoop" by Salt' N Pepa. I attempted to do the male rap, but I couldn't keep up. Hey, it happens. I closed out the night with Joe and myself performing the oft-requested, karaoke classic "Nothin' But a G Thang". That song never gets old! Shout out to Nancy, who worked the karaoke night at Grand Station. Shout out to Ricky at Moffat's, too. Thank you for providing a great release after a day in the rat race (for very little cheese). Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home