Thursday, March 02, 2006

Karaoke:This Time It's Personal

Yet another night of karaoke hijinks took place last night. Joining me in the mirth and merriment were Josph Smith (Almost Made, Delusions), (Lina Fritsche (Slow Down You're Dating Too Fast, Divine Manipulation of the Threads), Forrest Pruett (Forty Shades of Blue, Divine Manipulation), Sarah Ewell (Shutter, Just the Two of Us), Candace, super photographer Janeen Gardner, and other friends. I started off with John Legend's "Ordinary People". It was okay. I was a little "pitchy". Lina performed "Adia" and rocked it. She also did Evanescence's "Bring Me to Life" and "Bette Davis Eyes". On my next go round, Joe and I performed the oft-requested, always classic "Nuttin' But a G Thang". I was in rare form last night, in my humble opinion. We brought it! Later, Joe requested that everyone do Elvis songs, which somehow became ME doing an Elvis song. My "Heartbreak Hotel" was pretty decent. Forrest did Queensryche's "Silent Lucidity". I was a never a big Queensryche fan, but that song has some pretty cool lyrics. Joe also informed me that based on my recommendation, he and Lina watched Cornbread, Earl and Me. Those who know me, know that this is my favorite movie. You should rent, steal, or perhaps buy this movie. I know that it was $9.99 at most Kroger stores a few years ago. It's a heartwarming film with blaxploitation elements. I know that sound like an oxymoron, but it's good! Trust me, I know these things. Also, Sarah Ewell informed me that she was "stout". I'm inclined to agree. Too much fun. I was sad it had to end, but a brother has to be up for his day job. For now. Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home