Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Imagine if we finished everything

Yesterday, I picked Rod up after he got off work and we rolled to Shantrece's house. Shantrece is the lead in Imagine, the short that Rod Pitts (www.pittstopproductions.com) is submitting to the Lil' Memphis Film Fest. This festival asks for five-minute shorts that contain footage of the Baptist Memorial Hospital Implosion. Rod got a few minor shots and we are wrapped. Then, we rolled over to Keenon Nikita's (Poor and Hungry, The Right Questions) house where we Rod assisted with the editing. I was there for moral support and to hang out and chill. Our conversations normally tend to lean toward the opposite sex and life in general, but it's cool. Sometimes I'm overly sensitive when they start giving me a hard time, but it's "tough love", I guess. Keenon got into the real-life situations that will be dramatized in Just the Two of Us. It was pretty deep. Keenon is very devoted to his daughter Ashley and loves her a lot. It puts things in perspective and reminds me that this is not just to advance our careers. This film is a statement on the love between a father and his daughter. That's something I'm proud to be a part of. Also, for those who have been wondering, we have one more scene to shoot. Keenon and Rod are editing whenever they have free time. When I say whenever, I mean morning, noon, or night. The premiere is scheduled for March 16 at Muvico Theatres in Peabody Place at 7:30 PM. That's a Thursday, people. The afterparty will be at Isaac Hayes also in the Peabody Place building. Isn't that convenient? It's been a long time coming, but I think that everybody will be pleased. Be easy, readers.

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice one, i just added up even more bran-new emo backgrounds 4 my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

 

Post a Comment

<< Home