Thursday, April 06, 2006

Rehearsin' in the Backyard

Yesterday, I attended a rehearsal for the next Oddly Bouyant Productions feature, Eat. Chris Hocking and Laura McCoy are the founders of Oddly Buoyant Productions and produced the feature Automusik Can Do No Wrong. They are cool people. Sarah Ewell (Divine Manipulation of the Threads, Just the Two of Us) rehearsed her part, as well as indie film vet McTyere Parker and up and coming singer Amy LaVere. This guy named Keith was hilarious! He's basically playing himself...his character's name is Keith, and his adlibs are crazy. We rehearsed our scene about four times. Eat focuses on the lives of waiters and bartenders in three different restaurants. I play one of the patrons named Andy. I am a software developer who hates his job. Keith and I went through the scene about four times, finally earning the Chris McCoy seal of approval. I watched the others for minute, but I cut out to go eat. I was Hungary!!! (I also do a pretty good impersonation of Czechoslovakia...I'll stop with the bad jokes now). I feel good about my character. I film on Tuesday.

Today is the premiere of What Goes Around. My mom can't make it, but hopefully my friends and family (don't make me call out names, people) will support me. This was my very first film, so it always holds a special place in my heart. Rod Pitts is a great writer and director and an all around cool dude. I can't wait!

Plug Time!!!!

Divine Manipulation of the Threads" ends its run at Malco's Studio on the Square today, April 6 (two matinees and two evening shows each day). It's by Rusted Sun Productions ( http://www.rustedsunfilms.com/ ), starring Bevan Bell and directed by Anthony Howald.

I play a thug in this one.

Showtimes:1:20PM, 4:30PM, 7:35PM, 9:40 PM
Length: 93 minutes

The premiere screening of What Goes Around… will be shown Thursday, April 6 at 9 p.m. at the Malco Studio on the Square. Tickets will be $5.00

“What Goes Around…” is a romantic comedy that centers on Talal, a young man with commitment problems. After growing tired of his girlfriend’s worrisome ways, he gets the itch to see what else is out there. But after spending time with an attractive classmate (Angela), he soon realizes that everything that glitters isn’t gold.

The movie was filmed entirely in Memphis and was directed by local filmmaker Rod Pitts (the trailer is at www.pittstopproductions.com) and written by Nazeeh Majeed. A large cast of local talent appears in this feature-length film.

Cast:

Patrick Henry……………………Talal
Chris Brown………………………Marie
Lisa Miller…………………………Angela
Domino Maximillian……………TR
Markus Seaberry…………………The Film Geek
Arnita Williams……………………Marquita
Noel McGee…………………………Professor DePalma
Tatiana Hicks………………………June 2001
Okwede Okoh………………………Sabrina
Naseera Lewis………………………Shelia
Tylon Scott…..………………………Big T

Crew:

Written by: Nazeeh Majeed
Directed by: Rod Pitts
Produced by: Rod Pitts and Nazeeh Majeed
Edited by: Tennell Pitts
Casting by: Leah Bruce
Director of Photography: Rod Pitts
Music by : Ennis Newman and Rod Pitts
Line Producer: Grace Eweka and Arnita Williams

Countdown to What Goes Around Premiere: Today's the Day, Baby!!!!

Remember...When Markus Seaberry Is In Your Production, It's Not Just a Movie...It's a Movement!!!!

Oh, yeah, happy birthday to Chris McCoy. Don't party too hard, buddy...we got a movie to make!!! (Just kidding...kinda)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home