Friday, May 12, 2006

Karaoke: This Time It's Personal

Once again, I made my way out to Flashback's for some good ol' fun with my acting friends: Joseph Smith (Delusions, Almost Made), Lina Fritsche (upcoming: Curbside Confessions), and Forrest Pruett (Glorious Mail, Forty Shades of Blue). We were also joined by Candace, who's not an actor but is very photogenic. Joe performed some Garth Brooks, Lina perfomed some Evanescence, and she broke out a new song on me: Norah Jones' "Come Away With Me". Forrest popped in and out. I wanted to see him rock out, so that was a bit of a bummer. Joe and I performed our infamous rendition of Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg's "Nuttin' But a G Thang". That one always gets the place rockin'. The place was packed, so I was able to do one more song: The Beatles' "Come Together". Hey, variety is the spice of life! It was cool, I was glad to take the stage with Joe again, it had been a minute.

Tonight, I plan to support my good buddy/fellow actor The GREAT Travis Stone, who is performing as part of the band Empty Shell. Here are the particulars:

'Empty Shell' is:Terry Fry - lead vocal and rythm guitar
Travis Stone - lead guitar, background vocal
Matt Hipp-bass
Andy Parrish-drum
They are playing @ Newby's Friday May 12th (Tonight), 8pm$7 cover
I've never seen these guys before, so I'm excited!

That is all. Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home