Monday, August 28, 2006

The Last Blueberry, Movies, Karaoke and Filming:The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got a call from casting guru Lisa Lax informing me that they needed extras on My Blueberry Nights at 11:30 that night. Of course I said yes. My Tricks castmates Keenon(not Nikita) and DeMarco were there. Jamie, the AD who placed the extras, said that he had been asking about me. I told him I had been at the day job. I chilled out with Zakoma, a dude named Antoine, and the twins Carmela and Camilla. They graduated from the same high school that I did, good ol' Fayette-Ware Comprehensive High School in Fayette County. That's outside of Memphis, for all of you city slickers. We tripped out, chatted, and listened to music. Shout out to them and shout out to Merenda, a theater actress who plans to move to New York. Good luck. I was only used on set twenty minutes. That was fine with me. $60 for hanging out, that's my idea of a good time.

Saturday:

Went to the comic book store, saw Idlewild. It was predictable, but cool. I also went to Jordan's and engaged in some karaoke hijinks. I was joined by Jen Morris (Delusions, Arrogant Dead People), Forrest Pruett (Unholy Terror, Heist), and the GREAT Travis Stone (Ray, Arrogant Dead People). I performed "Nuttin' But a G Thang" with Ritchie "The Mayor of Frayser" Pierce, then later I performed "Friends In Low Places" by Garth Brooks, and I helped out another guy who performed Kanye West's "Gold Digger". I sang Jamie Foxx's part. I also joined in the Electric Slide when someone perfomed the song. Forrest Pruett sang "In the End" by Linkin Park. The karaoke host Tony aka Superman did the rap. Forrest also dueted with another girl on Evanescense's "Bring Me To Life". The Mayor did his version of "Country Boys Can Survive"(Frayser Boys Can Survive) . Travis Stone performed "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers and Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On". Good times.

Sunday:
My call time on Tricks was 8 AM. It was cool to be back on set. Deneka Lewis, DeAara Lewis, Raven, Nia, Ladonna, and Daniel were there, as was the soundman Czarchus and the big homie Rod Pitts. I hadn't seen Rod in a minute. April Hale (The Survivor, Imagine) was there, and Christian from the group Free Sol. My first scene involved me and one of the older "tricks". I ask her to do a move that she doesn't know, and she gets frustrated with me. I hope it's funny. I tried to bring that Markus Seaberry style to it. I just hung out with the rest of the extras, talking music and other stuff. We had a Hurricane Katrina transplant there, too. He let us know how crazy it was there. After that, I picked up the homeboy Bryan and we saw Idlewild. I know, twice in one weekend. Hey, I gotta get out the house sometime!

Finally, I made another trip to Jordan's for more karaoke. I only performed one song, Five for Fighting's "100 Years". Forrest Pruett was there and Joe Smith (Delusions, Divine Manipuation of the Threads) was bartending. I was sleepy, so I cut out before my next time on stage.

I am trying to enjoy this week and do as much as I can before I am back on the dreaded "Second Shift". Be easy, readers.

2 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

http://home-insurance-moza.blogspot.com/
Bye

 
At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can bruit about that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is quiet a suspect as you did in the decrease publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=error smart 2008 ?
I noticed the axiom you procure not used. Or you partake of the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home