Friday, September 01, 2006

Karaoke Chronicles: 8/31/06

My latest karaoke adventure began at Jordan's in Bartlett. I performed "Jungle Love" by the Time. I even had people in the audience doing Morris Day's (of the Time) siganture dance, The Bird. I wrapped up with "Beautiful" by James Blunt. Lina Fritsche (Curbside Confessions) performed KT Tunstall's "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" and rocked it!!! This guy named Emeka performed Boyz II Men's "It's So Hard To Say Goodbye to Yesterday" and "I'll Be". This guy was phenomenal!!! Later, we moved out singing over to Flashback's where Ricky Mac has a karaoke night. I sang "Nuttin' But a G Thang" with Ritchie "The Mayor of Frayser" Pierce (Almost Made) and later I sang Billy Joel's "My Life". 80s kids know this song as the opening theme to Bosom Buddies, a sitcom that starred a young Tom Hanks. Lina and Forrest Pruett sang Evanescence's "Bring Me to Life". "The Mayor" also sang "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash and Hank Williams' "A Country Boy (Frayser Boy) Can Survive". The Mayor reps Frayser all day, every day. Forrest broke out "Histeria" which I believe is a Def Leppard song. He also sang "If You Could Only See". Lina also sang Norah Jones' "Don't Know Why". My friends and I rocked it!!

This weekend, I should shoot a scene for John Fuess' "Blue Tail Fly". Other than that, it's Labor Day barbecue and good times. Be easy, readers.

PS The Iron Mic Coalition (www.ironmic.net) should be performing in front of the Center for Southern Folklore at 8 PM Saturday as part of some annual festival. Also, Jason "Da Hater" Harris will be selling his solo debut "Da Hater" for an affordable price! Support real hip-hop!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home