Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Yes, It's late: The Weekend Wrap-Up

I got caught up in actually working at my job (crazy, but true), so I was unable to blog yesterday. Let's get into it, readers!!!

Friday:

I was feeling a little under the weather, so I just went to the comic book store, then I saw Stomp The Yard. It was predictable, but it had a nice message. Meagan Good is hot!!!

Saturday:

I got off work, but I still felt crappy. I watched the Tigers lose to Ohio State (BOOOOOOOO!!!). Okay, I'll say this: The Tigers didn't play good defense, and we got into desperation mode a bit too early, but I think there was some questionable officiating. Nobody respects Memphis. I am proud of the guys, though. I still remember 1997-about 2003. I call that the drought. The only place we saw the NCAA tournament was on TV. Next year, baby!!!

Sunday:

I felt crappy most of the day, but I got a call from my biological father. He has prostate cancer. Pray for him, send positive energy, whatever your belief system is, just keep him in your thoughts. He gave me a little grief about not giving him a grandchild. It's not like he doesn't have any. I also had a pretty good conversation with my half-brother Travis. He's married with childeren and living in El Paso. He wants to be an orthopedic surgeon. That's cool. I really enjoyed talking with him. I will try to meet up with him when he comes into town this weekend.
Later, I finally left the house. I went to Jordan's for a minute and then I went to the discount movie theater (Bartlett 10 rules!!!) to see Freedom Writers. It was cheesy and preachy, but it was inspirational. I liked it. That Hilary Swank is pretty good.

That was the end of the weekend. Hopefully, I will be able to spend time with Travis and my nephews and film some scenes for Rommel's Crossroad. Be easy, readers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home