Monday, April 02, 2007

Theaters, Filming, and Hanging Out:The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I finally got my car's front windshield replaced (It's been cracking for 6 years now). Other than that, I chilled out.

Saturday:

I was going to try to shoot a scene after I got off work for Rommel's Crossroad, but it rained. A lot. So, I went to the comic book store, then back home for a nap. I also saw TMNT. That's right, I watched the film about the Ninja Turtles. I liked it!!! I still have a kid in me, and he helps me to unwind from all the grown-up bullcrap that I encounter. Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) was the voice of April O'Neil, a female that helped the Turtles. Laurence Fishburne was the narrator, and Patrick Stewart was the voice of the main bad guy. Cool action, nice fight scenes. I was happy.

Sunday:

I had to shoot a scene at the Hunt-Phelan home, which is a historical southern home on Beale Street that has been turned into a bed and breakfast. A Civil War battle was fought there, and there used to be a tunnel under the house that went to the river. One of the valets told me that there is an underground city under Memphis. I thought that was cool. It was very informative. Rommel's Crossroad is set in Tupelo, Mississippi in 1939. Some German soldiers take visit the area and one gets involved with an African-American woman. As you can imagine, this type of behavior is controversial in a small town back then. I play Willie, the town's jack of all trades. I shot a brief scene. I was trying to speak with a Southern drawl that was slightly deeper than my normal speech. It was cool. Shout out to Alisa Nave (Curbside Confessions), who is playing the young version of the main female character, Earnestine. It was good to see my fellow former Red West class member....ah, I miss those days. I am so glad to see her in a lead role. I also talked to one of the guys playing the Germans. He's a private investigator. I asked him had he ever been shot at, and he just made a face. I then asked him how does it feel when you're dodging bullets. He said it's something that you never get used to. He also told me that it's not always dangerous and he doesn't drive a red sportscar or wear hawaiian shirts like Magnum PI. I was a little disappointed. Magnum was way cool. Eventually, we wrapped. I then went over my homeboy Shomari's house and watched Wrestlemania 23 on Pay-Per-View. Wrestling rules!!!

It was good to film again. I thought that the Willie character was limited, but I see that John is fleshing him out. It's always good to have more screen time and have a character that actually has a few scenes. Be easy, readers!!

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger ROD said...

My adult children enjoyed TMNT years ago; and so did I. I plan to see this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home