Monday, November 26, 2007

Family Portaits, Video Games, Karoke, and Movies:The Four-Day Weekend Thanksgiving Wrap-Up with extra Cranberry Sauce

Thursday:



On Native American Exploitation Day (just keeping it real), my brother and I went to our parents' house first, and then to my aunt Mary's house in Oakland. We chilled out, ate way too much, and took family pictures. This was a long process, and my knees started hurting, but it was cool. I didn't want to strangle anybody this year, and that's saying something. My uncle, the Elder Eugen Anderson also gave us communion. I need to start going back to church. I would probably feel better. My cousin Katerrius showed me all the new "Crank Dat" dances: Crank Dat Lion King, Crank Dat Spongebob, Crank Dat Jumprope, Crank Dat Ralphie, etc. Youtube brings families together...sometimes.



Later on that night, I went to the Karaoke Smackdown at the Vault. I sang "Here Comes the Hotstepper" by Ini Kamoze, "Hotel California" by the Eagles, and "Addicted to Love" by Robert Palmer. I also sang "I Swear" by All 4 One with my buddy Sean's brother, I can't remember his name right now. Our karaoke duo was named Voltron. I also sang "When Will I See You Again" by Babyface. I nailed it!!

Friday:

A friend of mine from college, Adam Bond, came by the house and he and my brother played NBA 2K8. Adam is a minister and lives in Wisconsin now. It is always good to see him. I went to Jordan's Karaoke Bar and Grill and sang some more karaoke.

Saturday:

I got my hair cut, then I went to the comic book store and took place in a podcast called Geekland. These guys interview comic book creators in the area and also talk about what they are reading. This is the link:

http://web.mac.com/vactor413/Site/Podcast/Entries/2007/11/26_Episode_9.html

You may need Quicktime to hear the podcast properly.

After that, I went to Studio on the Square and saw the new Coen Brother's film No Country for Old Men. Josh Brolin, Tommy Lee Jones, and Javier Bardem all gave great performances, but the ending sucked.

After that, I went to the Bartlett 10 and watched The Brave One. It was cool. Jodie Foster, Terrence Howard and Carmen Ejogo (briefly) gave good performances, but the ending was unrealistic.

After that, I went to Jordan's. I had a good time. I sang Prince's "The Beautiful Ones", Fray's "Over My Head", Billy Joel's "You May Be Right", Bobby Brown's "My Prerogative", I helped out Mother Duck and C-Dawg on Lil'Jon, Usher, and Ludacris' "Lovers and Friends", then I sang Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back" with assistance from Mother Duck, and I helped out Emily S. on Rihanna' "Umbrella". I did Jay-Z's opening rap on that song. Good time, people, good times.

Sunday:

I went to the library to check email, then I picked up my good buddy Bryan Newcomb and we saw This Christmas. It was sappy and cheesy, but who cares? The world can use some sappy films. It's the holiday season, you scrooges!!!! Also, Regina King (Enemy of the State), Sharon Leal (Dreamgirls), and Lauren London (ATL) are freakin' hot!!!!

I am looking forward to shooting another short for the Lil' Film Fest this Saturday. The dream lives. Be easy, readers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home