Monday, April 07, 2008

Grizzlies, Tigers, and Films (Oh My!!): The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I had won two tickets to a Memphis Grizzlies game a few weeks ago in a drawing. I could not find anyone to go with me, so I decided to exchange my two $55 tickets with a "scalper" (they are legal in Memphis) for a $69 dollar ticket. Remember, I had two free tickets. I didn't lose any money, and I got a better seat. Plaza level is freaking awesome!! I chitchatted with a family next to me, and had a good ol' time. The Grizzlies were destroyed by the Golden State Warriors. The Warriors have an outside chance of making the playoffs. The Grizzlies don't have a snowball's chance in Hades of making the playoffs. I left after the 3rd quarter to beat traffic. Hey, a free game and it only cost me $3 in parking (I did a little walking). I even resisted the urge to eat the high-priced concession food. After that, I called it a night.

Saturday:

I worked for about four hours (BOOO!), then I met up with John Fuess to film scenes for his next project. My scenes were with Monica Summerfield (Eat, Moon Landing) and Annie Gaia (Eat). Annie is also in a First Tennessee commercial airing in the Memphis area. I'm proud of her. We finished in a relatively quick amount of time, 2 hours or so. I am playing the "headphone guy" in the office. I always have my headphones on, and am singing and dancing to myself. I have a little "solo", it's funny.

After that, I picked up my good buddy Bryan Newcomb, and we went to the Barnes and Noble bookstore on the UofM campus. Bryan worked/watched the Tigers game, while I was merely a spectator of one of the most glorious days in Memphis Tiger history. We beat UCLA decisively and are playing in the National Championship!!!!!!! I never thought I would see this day. This is a good day for Memphis. Go Tigers!!! I hope we win tonight.

After that, I went to a birthday celebration for actor/filmmaker Bevan Bell. He and his wife Christine live in San Francsico now. It was good to see Bevan and Christine, as well as some Memphis friends of mine that I hadn't seen in a while: Brad, Anthony and his wife, and Joe Smith (Elvis, Curbside Confessions). We celebrated at Dish, in the Cooper-Young area of Memphis. I hung out until about 10.

My final event was a dance party at the Vault on Highland. Shout out to Lauren, April Steele (is for real), Sean and Brian George, The Chris Haley, Curt Franklin, Nathan (The bar-ar-tender), Doyle and Scoop, and everybody else who came out.

Sunday:

I woke up with a sore back, but I recovered nicely. I met up with local filmmaker Arnold
Edwards for lunch at Cafe Ole and to receive a t-shirt and some other goodies for being in his film, Curbside Confessions. It was good to see Arnold and his girlfriend Dayna (Fayette-Ware!! What!!!). Dayna grew up in Oakland (near where I lived), and we attended the same high school. Good ol' Fayette-Ware Comprehensive High School. Okay, I hate that place, but I was trying to do the whole nostalgia thing. Glen Ring (Rommel's Crossroad) was also there, as was his girlfriend, my buddies Sing and Ryan, and Donald, another actor in the area. We hung out, chewed the fat, made lots of inappropriate jokes, and had a good time.

After that, I went to the comic book store, then I went home, chilled, napped, and went to a 9:35 showing of 27 Dresses at the Bartlett 10. Yes, I saw a chick flick. A chick flick with a very cute chick (Grey's Anatomy's Katherine Heigl). I may need to learn h0w to write these. The ladies seem to love them. I would love to have some of that Lifetime money.

I almost forgot: I recevied a phone call on Saturday informing me that I have been cast in the animated film David: Valley of Shadows. It is a small voiceover role, but it is paying, thank you God!!!! Markus could use some more pennies right now.

After work, I look forward to watching the Tigers (hopefully) whoop the Kansas Jayhawks. Be easy, readers....and GO TIGERS GO!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home