Monday, March 24, 2008

March Madness, Karaoke, and Movies: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work, went home, watched the Tigers beat Texas-Arlington. The Tigers played sloppy, but we won by a considerable margin.

Saturday:

I hung out at Comics and Collectibles for a while (Shout out to Sean George and Ron, the owner). There was supposed to be an actors reunion, but it was canceled. I then went to Jordan's Catfish and more. Shout out to Nancy Jordan, the owner, her husband Jeff, and David H, the KJ (karaoke junkie) for the evening.

Sunday:

I saw Meet the Browns with my good buddy Bryan Newcomb. It was funny, a little preachy, you know, typical Tyler Perry material. I did enjoy the movie. Angela Bassett is a solid actress, and the guy playing Leroy Brown was hilarious. The film made $20 million, which is normal for a Tyler Perry movie on opening weekend.

After that, we watched the Memphis-Mississippi State b-ball game at RP Tracks, a nice little bar/restaurant in the U of M area. We began chatting with students that were there. I talked to one female who was Hispanic and was moving to Pittsburgh the next day. She said that she really loved Memphis. I began to talk about the racism here. She said that I should live in other cities. It's worse. I have only lived in the Mid-South area, so I wouldn't know.

After dropping Bryan off, I went to Borders. I used my 30 % off coupon to purchase the movie Go. Its regular price was $7.99. I would up paying $6.11 after tax. I save a whole $2.40!!! Go Markus!! After that, I went home and watched TV.

I am hoping that I will get called to be an extra on Soul Men tomorrow. I have been calling the number and I submitted my info on www.myhollywoodconnect.com. Keep your fingers crossed, loyal blog followers. Be easy, readers!!!

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said...

Meet the browns was the first Tyler Perry movie that I had absolutely no interest in. I dont know what about it just seemed ridiculously corny... maybe the fact that Rick Fox was in it..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home