Monday, March 10, 2008

Snow, Sadness, and Karaoke: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I left work early due to the snow here in Memphis, and I chilled out in front of the boob tube. My mom called me telling me that my cousin Rosie was in the hospital and that she was on a respirator. Things were not looking good.

Saturday:

I chilled out most of the day. I got a call from an old high school friend of mine, Keith Mayo. He got mu number from my mom at the hospital where my cousin Rosie was. It was good to hear from him. I went out for a second, to Chick-Fil-A. I was headed to the movies when I saw that the Hollywood Video on Stage Road (Hwy 64) was having a going out of business sale. I bought Slam, one of my favorite films, for $4.99. I bought another film for $2.99. I won't say the title because it may be a future gift for someone. After that, I called it a night.

Sunday:

I chilled out most of the day (again), but around 3:00 my brother told me that he had gotten the phone call that I was expecting: That cousin Rosie had passed. I was a little messed up. I had thought about aborting my plans to go to Karaoke Smackdown at the Vault and do my Biggie Tribute (Rapper Notorious BIG also died on March 9). My big bro encouraged me to go. I did, I had fun. Shout out to the KJ David H, Joe, Sean George, Curt, April Steele, "The" Chris Haley, and Addison. Extra special shout out to Lynn Cardona and her boyfriend, Edward. I hadn't seen them since last year. Lynn's a phenomenal singer. She has an album out and a myspace: www.myspace.com/lynncardona . She rocks!!! I had a good time. I am a little tired at work today, but it's worth it. Karaoke Smackdown rules!!! If you're in the Memphis area, check it out every Thursday and Sunday: www.myspace.com/karaokesmackdown

My cousin will probably be funeralized on Saturday. It will be nice to see some of my family again, even though it is under crappy circumstances. Be easy, readers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home