Monday, December 01, 2008

Dressing, Solitude, and Karaoke: The Extra-Special Thanksgiving Day Edition of the Weekend Wrap-Up

Thursday:

I chilled out with my family. We tripped out, discussed politics, and I learned some things. My cousins Lee and Sam tried to give me pointers on the opposite sex, and I also learned that my cousin Anwar with the speech impetiment is also doing pretty well with the ladies. Yes, people, my cousin with the speech impetiment has more game than me. My life is one very sad Charlie Brown cartoon. Later, I went to Karaoke Smackdown at the Vault. It was cool. Shoutout to Chris Haley, David H., Joe, Lauren, Andrew, Natara, and the rest of the crew.

Friday:

I was a hermit most of the day, watching films and such. I watched Bird. It's a biopic about jazz musician Charlie "Bird" Parker directed by Clint Eastwood that came out in 1988. Forrest Whitaker played "Bird". John Witherspoon (the dad from the Friday films), Tony Todd (Candyman), and Tony Cox (Bad Santa) were also in the film. It was okay, but it was a bit long. I will give it 3.5 stars on flixster.com. I took the film back to Blockbuster night, and I bought 2 used DVDs, The Great Debaters and How She Move. I bought the second one because of the dance moves, not because of the acting. After that, I called it a night.

Saturday:

I went to Comics and Collectibles, then I went to McAlister's. Next, I went to a Memphis Grizzlies game. The usher was very mean. I moved a few seats down when a couple sat beside me to give them room. NO ONE else was on my row. This lady insisted that I move back to my correct seat. It was real silly. I moved back, because I didn't feel like the drama. Of course, we lost. Come on, Grizzlies!! You were playing the Oklahoma Thunder,a team that only had 1 win!! You have to play defense and get aggressive!! Afterwards, more karaoke goodness at The Vault.

Sunday:

I was in the house again until the evening. I got a little bit to eat, then I went to Hastings. I purchased Son of Rambow for $5.99, then I purchased Equilibrium for $3.99, and I wound up getting The Doors for one dollar. The deal used to be buy 2 used DVDs, get a third for a penny, but now it's a dollar. I really liked Son of Rambow when I saw it theatrically. It's about some little kids in England in the 1980s who shoot their own sequel to Rambo entitled Son of Rambow. It's a cool little film. As an indie film actor, I was inspired by it.

Monday:

Back at work, but you know what? It beats living on the street. The Bible says that if a man don't work, he shouldn't eat. I like eating. I will endure. Be easy, readers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home