Friday, November 04, 2005

Learning the Ropes

Last night, I went to Red West's class for the second time. My first scene was with my AGENT (I love saying that) Forrest Pruett. We did a scene from Boston Legal. Forrest was William Shatner's character, and I was James Spader's character. I don't normally play arrogant characters, but, surprisingly, I did okay. Draw your own conclusions. The great Michael Travis Stone was there, and Jon W. Sparks (Sparky). Sparky and Forrest did a scene from Just Cause. You should see the movie because it's good. I enjoyed the practice. I really haven't had any formal training since high school. I've been going on instinct. I can't rely on that forever, though. I will try to make it back to class when I'm not working on Keenon's film.

Speaking of Keenon's film, today we will take over a courtroom at the courthouse on Adams. Rod will be the Director of Photography, Keenon will be acting/directing, and I shall be holding the mic and doing lighting as needed. Microphone fiend, baby! Once again, we will be graced by the presence of the great Michael Travis Stone and the phenomenal April Hale. I am feeling good about this. We are in the home stretch on Just the Two of Us. I can't wait until it's finished. I'm leaving work early today to be a part of this great filmmaking.

Another item: I heard that the trailer for Robert Saba's film, Delusions, will be out today. I'm only in two scenes, so I doubt I made the trailer. I am still glad to be a part of the process. We have a cast and crew screening coming up soon. I, for one, hope there will be a public screening soon. Saturday, I will thug out with Jovan Jackson and others on Divine Manipulation of the Threads. Sunday, I will be filming on Mail Call. It's a little tiring, but I'm glad to be working. I also plan to shoot some scenes for my documentary. Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home