Monday, January 09, 2006

I'm Not as Young As I Used to Be: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Boy, how can those Hollywood actors pitch fits when they do one film at a time. I haven't worked on one film at a time since 2004. Anyhow, let's break down the events of another crazy weekend.

Friday: I stayed late at work correcting a computer issue so I did not get to see Oz'z Lion at the Co-op. The day job; it's a gift and a curse. I went home and chilled out.

Saturday:
Got a nice haircut (in my humble opinion), tried to pump up my movie showing (more on that later), and hung out at the mall for a minute. Met up with Rod Pitts (director, What Goes Around) and we went to Walgreens and other places. Hooked up with Bryan Newcomb (Just the Two of Us, Divine Manipulation) and we saw The Legend of Zorro. It wasn't as good as the first one, but it was cool. I could watch Catherine Zeta Jones sleep and call it entertaining, know what I mean?

Sunday:
We shot an extra musical number for Divine Manipulation of the Threads. Several Indie Memphis regulars were there: Forrest Pruett (Forty Shades of Blue, Delusions), Travis Stone (Ray, Delusions), Jovan Jackson (Just the Two of Us, Divine), Tiffany Pemberton (Delusions, Slow Down You're Dating Too Fast), Christin Ackerman (Slow Down, Delusions), and we were joined by other Indie Memphis regulars: Lavita Brooks (What Goes Around, Grim Sweeper), Jon Sparks (www.jonwsparks.blogspot.com), Joseph B. Smith (Delusions, Slow Down), and the Rusted Sun Films people. Bevan Bell (Slow Down, Delusions) was mainly directing yesterday.
His brother played the guitar in the muscial number. Joseph performed this crazy song called "I'm Not Stupid". I always wanted to do a musical number. I got my chance. I am sore because I used muscles that haven't been used in a while. I hurt. God, do I hurt. It was fun, though. It will be in 3-D, so it should look really rad. Yes, I used the word rad. Leave me alone, I'm a child of the eighties, gosh! (Read that last sentence with a Napoleon Dynamite impersonation, and it's money. Oh, how could I forget, the man himself, actor/musician Muck Sticky was also in the house. The craziest moment was when a guy in a big suit came up calling himself Jesus, then John Lennon, using the N-word like it's going out of style, and informing us that "All them bitches got AIDS". How I've survived this long without being aware of that, I'll never know. Crack kills, boys and girls, crack kills. Brain cells, that is.

Later, Lavita and I filmed a scene for Rod Pitt's film What Goes Around. We were joined by Arnita Williams (Other Side of the Pillow, Slow Down), Aaron Jones (PA Pretender, Third Wheel Date), April Hale (The Survivor, Just the Two of Us), Jason Dancy (Survivor, Just the Two of Us), and his wife Learyn (Grim Sweeper, Survivor). It was a clasroom scene, Domino Marximilian, local actor/rapper, reprised his role as TR. Also, one of Pittstop Productions' cofounders, Nazeeh Majeed, came through as well. It was cool working with my PSP (Pittstop Productions) clique. Hopefully, What Goes Around will be fully edited soon. Then, it's off to the festivals. I went to another wrestling pay-per-view gathering over my good friend Shomari's house, but I had to exit early due to fatigue. I think I'm going home today. I have got to pace myself this year. The only problem is , every time I say no to a project, or don't get in a project, it tends to be awesome! We'll see. My life is the hustle. Be easy, readers.

Plug Time!

Yes, dear readers, Markus Seaberry has another movie premiere. The title of the latest one is The Importance of Being Russell. It is a redneck comedy of epic proportions. Look for me in a small role as Bubba Dorido, the cranky convenience store clerk. The movie is showing at Malco's Studio on the Square on Wednesday, January 11, at 7:30 PM and 9:45 PM. These are test screenings; the movie is not quite finished. The screenings are FREE! Tell a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend! It's my third actor screening. I am trying to be calm, but I am excited! It's about to be on and poppin, baby! For more info and a peek at the trailer, try this link:

www.russellmovie.com

Markus Seaberry's Next Film Premiere:

Only 2 Days Away, Baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home