Friday, December 23, 2005

Dinner and Karaoke

The last Actor's bash of the year (I guess) was at Willie Moffat's on Whitten. I saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in weeks, like Jen Morris (Delusions), Forrest Pruett (Slow Down You're Dating Too Fast, 40 Shades of Blue), director Arnold Edwards II, Dayna Hinkel (Fayette County! What!), Krista (PA intern, Black Snake Moan). I also met Cassie Ayala (Divine Manipulation of the Threads) who is a HUGE University of Memphis fan. She recently returned to good ol' U of M for her Masters. She was cool. Jon Sparks (www.jonwsparks.blogspot.com) was there, as was his lovely wife. The GREAT Travis Stone (Ray, Delusions) was there, as was Alisa from my acting class. Red West represent, yo! Lauren Shepard (Delusions, Slow Down You're Dating Too Fast), Sarah Ewell (Shutter, Delusions) , and even my girl Tiffany Pemberton (Delusions, Slow Down) stopped by. The acting community was well represented. I also met a lady that used to take acting classes and is a radio personality on FM 100. She was nice. I ran into my old buddy Jarrod of Cowboy Up Productions who I have not seen in ages. He was accompanied by his wife. That was cool. I tried to bounce to the Iron Mic Coalition show (www.ironmic.net), but my acting cohorts vigorously insisted that I journey with them to Flashback's and perform "Nuttin' But A G Thang" with Joseph B. Smith (Delusions, Slow Down). He is Snoop Dogg, and I am the good Dr. Dre. There was a LONG wait. We finally hit the stage after 11. I have got to work on my breath control. The delivery of the rhymes on that song are pretty rapid. We rocked it, like we normally do. I dashed to the IMC show afterwards, but I was too late. Jason Harris and Quinn told me that they rocked it. I will try to be at the next show.

Gift news:
My brother brought me the increasingly hard to find Jamie Foxx CD, Unpredictable. I in turn gave him the Eric Benet CD, Hurricane. For those who had been wondering, I broke down and purchased the CD at Spin Street. He decided to gift me early, so I gifted him in kind. We was gifitn', mane! Sorry, had a North Memphis flashback. So my current gift count is at 2: The Hulk Hogan autobiography and the Jamie Foxx CD. I'll finish the CD first and more than likely share my thoughts because, after all, this is my forum, dangit! Be easy, readers, and in the words of some soulful group back in the day, "Don't you be afraid to shoot the moon". Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home