Tuesday, January 03, 2006

"A Helluva Way To Start the '06": The Extra-Long, Super Absorbent Four-Day Weekend Wrap-Up

It is I again, dear readers. Let's recap the latest events in the life of everybody's favorite aspiring actor/poet/writer, Markus "M.Sea" Seaberry.

Friday, I actually went home. Yes, that's right, I'll say it again. I went home. Mr. Adventure spent a Friday night at the crib. Alert the media! I was just tired and knew that New Year's Eve would be hectic. A brotha gotta rest some time.

Saturday, Bryan Newcomb (Just the Two of Us, Divine Manipulation) and I went out to Moscow, Tennessee to celebrate my mom's birthday. Mi madre, Lillian McGhee, celebrated another year of life. Bryan and I also got footage for King Indie, the documentary about me! (Cue applause) He shot footage of me in front of the Welcome to Moscow sign and in my old room. We also hear what my mom thinks of a few of my more profane performances. I also think there's an impromptu breakdance performance and me debating music. Close friends know that this is an everyday occurrence for me. Is it my fault that I'm one of the few people who only listens to the right kind of music? I didn't ask for this gift, it was bestowed upon me. Don't hate me for my impeccable taste. Emulate me. Get a dictionary and look that word up, kiddies. Oh, yeah, I also break into a little rap in the middle of one of my debates. Afterwards, we went over my friend Shomari's house and watched this creepy movie called High Tension. I'm not a big fan of scary movies, yet I want to be in one, go figure. We also played some music trivia DVD game. I never thought my knowledge of the lyrics of Wayne Newton's "Danke Schein" would come in handy. See, there are times when it's good to have a pop culture geek on your team, ladies and gents. Afterwards, I met up with an old friend. It was cool, it was okay. She fell asleep on me, and I bounced.

Sunday, Bryan and I drove around and hung out. Also, I went bowling with my homeboy Paul Briggs and a few of his friends, like these cute chicks named Meredith and Juwanda. Meredith sings. I think I'm in love! We started watching a movie later, but I grew bored. I moved from there to the domain of Ennis Newman. Ennis is a rapper, producer, and founder of one of the dopest hip-hop collectives in the Memphis area: Iron Mic Coalition (www.ironmic.net). I hadn't spoke with him in a while. He asked me about the music for Dollars and Signs. I assured him that it was cool. He played me some hot tracks. I have got to finish writing my rhymes and collaborate with this man soon.

Monday, Bryan and I went to Sam's Club. He had to return his new camera. Afterwards, Paul Briggs and I went to the Memphis-Texas game. It figures that my first home game would be their first home loss. Its' only their second overall, though. The Tigers are still a young, exciting team. They will bounce back. After that, I dropped Paul off and went home. I was tired. My sleep patterns are all messed up. I have got to remedy that soon, because I hear the cameras calling me again. Gotta stay hustling. Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home