Thursday, April 13, 2006

Let's Karaoke Again!

I received the summons around 9:30 from my good buddy Forrest Pruett (Forty Shades of Blue, Almost Made). I rolled out to Moffats, where I met up with Forrest, and later Joseph Smith (Delusions, Arrogant Dead People) and Shaun Green (Divine Manipulations of the Threads). Josephs' family was there, too. They were cool people. Forrest performed "If You Could Only See", a Nickelback song that I forget the title too, and Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name". Forrest kept doing the laugh associated with his character from Divine, Stone Free Joey. The man is just hilarious! My first number was the classic "Nuttin' But a G Thang" with Joe. Once again, we rocked the house! Then, I followed with All 4 One's "I Swear". I was a little "pitchy", but I stuck it out. I finished with Huey Lewis and the News' "Heart of Rock and Roll". Joe performed a lot of Elvis songs (shocker!) and he dueted on Evnescense's "Bring Me To Life" with one of his relatives. It was cool. We chilled out and conversated for a minute outside. This guy named Santiago recognized Joe and Forrest from Divine. I chimed in that I was in the film, but I don't think he remembered me. It's okay. I'll get over it. One tear! It was a cool evening, and the first time that I'd rocked the stage with Joe in a minute. Good times.

I don't really have a clear plan for today, but it will probably involve me cutting up and acting a fool at some point. Some things are a given. Be easy, readers.

Plug Time!!!

Veteran hip-hop artist KRS-One will be performing in Memphis on April 16, 2006 at the Complex. The opening act will be Memphis-area hip hop collective The Iron Mic Coalition (www.ironmic.net) The show starts at 8 PM. The cost of admission is $15.00/advance, $18.00/atthe door. For more info, please visit chikuurban@hotmail.com

The premiere of "Across the River" by U of M graduate student John Harvey is coming up on April 17th at Studio on the Square. There will be two showings, one at 7 p.m. and another at 8 p.m.Go to the Web site and see the trailer: it's a tight thriller that's been done with great skill by this young, talented filmmaker. In the cast are Dennis 'Poor & Hungry' Phillippi and Ric Chetter, the on-air talent of Rock 103's Dennis&Ric in the afternoons and the terrific Sunday show "The Great Unsigned." They're great as radio partners and as living-dead antagonists in "Across the River." Email Harvey at acrosstherivermovie@hotmail.com to reserve seats.
(Disclaimer: I am not in this film, but cool people like Jon Sparks and Dennis Phillipi are, and they rock, so go see it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home