Saturday, December 09, 2006

Random Items: 12/9/2006

1: Jordan's had virtually no one in the karaoke bar section Thursday night, so they closed it down. I came in after work, spoke to Joe Smith (Arrogant Dead People) and Terry, and ate Nancy's food that she had prepared because she said she didn't want it. After that, I went over to Flashback's and did karaoke with RickyMac. It was good to see him and his wife again. My buddy Judd was there, as was Mindy. Also, the cook from Jordan's was there. My first song was "Change Clothes" by Jay-Z. The pro-country and western crowd didn't seem to appreciate it, too damn bad!!! My next song was "Unwell" by Matchbox 20, I received a few claps. The next song actually got some people on the floor, "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits. Yes, I took it way back!!! I ended with "I Won't Back Down" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I like that song, it has simple lyrics and and a nice message. That's the new theme song!!! After that, I called it a night.

2: I saw Jet Li's Fearless yesterday. It was a good film, and a nice bit of history about the guy who founded the Jingwu Sports Federation. It's supposed to be his last martial arts epic. He might want to reconsider. That was a darn good movie. Then again, he might not be able to top that one. I enjoyed it. It was definitely worth my $2.50 at the Bartlett 10 theater. Yes, I fool with the second-run theater!! I can't see everything when it comes out first-run!!

3: I need people to stop hating on things because they're "independent". Yesterday, I'm in the comic book store and I was doing my normal trashing of actor Taye Diggs because he's very limited (VERY, VERY limited), and they guys start talking about, "Well, what have YOU done?" I replied that I had several characters that they had seen. Instead of a response of "Oh, I'd like to see your work", I heard responses like "It's not you, but I like my films to have some budget". Okay, what the hell does budgets mean?! Sure, it looks flashy, but that doesn't make you a better writer or mean that you don't have capable actors. I have been in several films that I feel are just as good or better than that Hollywood crap. Bigger doesn't always mean better, people! End of rant.
4: Be easy, readers!!! And don't kill nobody over video games or Barbie dolls or anything else while holiday shopping, it's not that serious, people!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home