Monday, November 27, 2006

Turkey, Karaoke, and Monopoly Money: The Extra-Wide, Thanksgiving Wrap-Up

Wednesday:

After work, I went to Jordan's and sang karaoke. I performed "Sexyback" by Justin Timberlake, "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley, and "Hey Ya" by Outkast. Shout out to Jeff, Jamie, Forrest Pruett (Glorious Mail), Scherita, Dory, Amy, and Niki.

Thursday:
My brother and I went to my great-aunt Velma's on Watkins Avenue for Thanksgiving. Of course, soon as she was me, she said I was getting big. My mom asked me was I still exercising. Damn, do I look like Fat Albert or something?! My one-year old cousin Kelby was very entertaining. I hadn't seen her since December, so after I called her name, she shook my hand. Didn't expect that. Kelby is cute, and a bit of a diva. I might have to get her in front of a camera. Her new favorite song is "One Blood" by The Game(www.myspace.com/thegame). She starts to shimmy. My younger female cousins also schooled me onto the "Walk it Out" dance and the "Chicken Noodle Soup". Maybe I'm finally startign to get old. It was cool, we talked politics, race, my family gets deep. They work my nerves, but I guess I love them.

Friday:

I had a meeting about a business venture. I decided not to take part, but I wish them well with that. After that, Rod Pitts (www.pittstopproductions.com) and I went to the Muvico and saw Deja Vu. I liked it. I was also glad to see Erika Alexander in the film. She was Cousin Pam on The Cosby Show and Maxine Shaw on Living Single. As we left the movie, we saw DeAara Lewis (director/actress, Tricks) and her boyfriend. They were going to see Deja Vu as well.

Later, I went to Jordan's. Forrest and Ritchie "The Mayor of Frayser" Pierce was in the building. I sang "In the End" by Linkin Park with Forrest, and I sang "Use Me" by Bill Withers.

Saturday:

I went to the comic book store, Baskin Robbins, Family Christian bookstore, and I finally made it to Jordan's again. I sang "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi. Shout out to Tony, Jeff, Sherita, La La, Amber, and the rest of the gang. Several of them left and went to Mug's, a rival karoke spot. I was tired, and called it a night.

Sunday:

I made it to Jon Sparks' house (www.jonwsparks.blogspot.com) to finish the short for the Lil' Film Fest. We did cutaway scenes with his daughter, Jackie, her friend, Mrs. Sparks, and Monica, a fellow actor who was in Eat. One scene involved me handing out Monopoly money. It was supposed to be real money, and it will look like it on screen...darn, there I go ruining the magic!! Monica came with her daughter, October. Yes, I asked; she was born in May. October actually said, "Mommy, I'm scared" which threw me off. October was very open about her feelings. Once she got into a Pokemon coloring book, she calmed down. Amber, who was also in Eat, came and improvised a great performance. I loved seeing her construct her character. It was great to study her. After that, I wasted time until about 6 PM or so, and I headed over my homeboy Shomari's house to watch a wrestling pay-per-view.
After that, I made it to Jordan's and sang "Your Body Is A Wonderland" by John Mayer and "Stop to Love" by Luther Vandross.

All in all, it was a very fun-filled, tiring weekend. I did not want to go to work today, but I made it. Be easy, readers.

PS: Shout out to the Tennessee Titans. That's two wins in a row, baby!!! Sure, we have no chance in Hades of making the playoffs, but at least that's two more wins on the ol' record.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home