Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Filming, Poetry, and Wrestling: The One-Day Late Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work, and went to White Station High School to shoot my scenes for a film that will either be titled I Was a Teenage Storkasaurus or Concrete. I am playing a bumbling gym coach. It was a little hectic filming these scenes. First of all, I was in a track suit and it was very hot in the gym. Second, the football team kept being rowdy in the background. One guy commented on me looking at him. I responded with some expletives that will not be repeated. There were also a few flies. Overall, it was a pretty good shoot, and the high school kids I worked with were cool. They even had a dance sequence. Tommy Kha (Ants in an Ant Farm) showed up. I even had a little dance sequence of my own. It was fun. After that, I went over my friend Denna Greer's house and gave her some money for some wrestling tickets. Memphis is hosting a WWE Pay-Per-View in a few months. I have to be there!! After that, I called it a night.

Saturday:

I had a friend of a coworker put new brakes on my car while I was at work. Afterwards, I got the car, went home and took a nap, then I got up and went to a gathering at my coworker Tracey Parker's apartment. Her friend, El Hakim the poet (www.elhakimthepoet.com), recited several of his spoken word pieces, and another neighbor of hers sang a song. Her neighbor will be in a play entitled Courting Time starting at Theatreworks on Monroe August 24. We were also blessed to have an author from Atlanta in the house, Nakesha D. Speed. She has a book about her first year of teaching called Recess is Over. I enjoyed myself. I bought a t-shirt from El Hakim and I bought Ms. Speed's book. After that, I went to Jordan's Karaoke Bar and Grill.

Sunday:

I shot a pice for a short documentary on Elvis for the next Lil' Film Fest. We shot at the park on Court. Willie Murray was working the camera and the interviewer was an up-and-coming model/actress, Jacqui G. We filmed, then we talked shop. Hopefully, I can get in some more Lil' Film Fest shorts (hint, hint). After that, I went home and took a nap. Next, I saw Rush Hour 3. It was funny because of Chris Tucker, the writing was so-so. Tucker is just SO silly and over the top, I had to laugh. After that, I went to the home of my friend Kevin Youngblood aka Ptah Maximus (www.myspace.com/ptahmaximus) and he burned me a copy of his new album Life, Love, Respect, and Hip-Hop. I chatted with him for a minute, then I went over my boy Shomari Gant's mom's house and watched a TNA wrestling pay-per-view. After that, I went home.

Monday-Tuesday:

The power went out at my job, so I could not post this yesterday. I worked 5 hours yesterday, and none today. Yay!!! I really needed the break. I look forward to finishing up on Storksaurus in the coming weeks and working on other projects. Be easy, readers!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home