Monday, August 27, 2007

Movies, Get-Togethers, and Karaoke: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work, ran some errands, and then I went home and took a nap. I finally finished watching Layer Cake. It's a British gangster movie. Daniel Craig filmed this role before he became the new James Bond. It was nicely done.

Saturday:

I got off work, dropped off "Uncle" Marvin Skinner, and went to the movies. I saw Resurrecting the Champ. Joshua Hartnett played a reporter that ran into a bum (Samuel Jackson) claiming to be a former heavyweight contender. It was okay, but I didn't really care about the characters until the film was almost over. It was okay.
I went to an actors' get-together at Cafe Ole in the Cooper-Young area. Jen Morris (Just the Two of Us, Delusions) was one of the organizers. Shout out to Travis Stone (Ray, Just the Two of Us), Lauren Shepard (Slow Down You're Dating Too Fast), Alisa Nave (Rommel's Crossroad), Joe Smith (Elvis, Delusions), Lee Mauney (Mail Call, Delusions), Lina Fritsche (Curbside Confessions), and others. It was okay. I got silent a few times, like when the conversations veered towards liquor or relationships (I abstain from both). It was good to see some of my fellow actors. Hopefully, we can do this again.

Sunday:

I pretty much stayed in the house until about 6 PM. I went over my friend Shomari's mom's house and watched the WWE Summerslam pay-per-view. After that, I went to the Vault on Highland where my friend David H. was hosting the Karaoke Smackdown!! I performed "Kick, Push" by Lupe Fiasco, "Like I Love You" by Justin Timberlake, and I performed "Me, Myself and I" by De La Soul with Clayton and his friend Carlton. I enjoyed myself. It was cool. Of course, I started thinking about work and got depressed. Oh, well.

I am still trying to slim down for a role in "100 Lives". It's not easy, but I will lose some of my belly by the time cameras start shooting. Be easy, readers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home