Monday, December 24, 2007

Line Dances, Holiday Swag, and Ninja Masks:The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work and went over Denna Greer's (What Goes Around) house to exchange presents. I gave her her John Deere Barbie (she's a collector) and Minority Report on DVD for her fiancee, producer Paul "P-Dub" West. She gave me the Roddy Piper DVD set, as well as a Napoleon Dynamite mousepad. Denna is so cool.

After that, I went to the Christmas party for my job. I had fun. I did the few line dances I knew: Elctric Slide, Cha-Cha Slide, Cupid Shuffle. I also tried to do the "Crank Dat Souljah Boy" and the DJ played a breakbeat, so I started pop-locking or "juking" as we call it in Memphis.
It was a pretty cool party.

Saturday:

I got my hair cut early in the morning. The barber and I talked music. He likes Lupe Fiasco's new album, The Cool. It is freaking awesome!!!

After that, I hung out at the mall for a minute. Later, I went over Tamara Wick's house. Her boyfriend Rafael had the hookup on the Hot Fuzz 3-disc Special Edition DVD. We chitchatted for a while. I also played with her daughter Alexis. Alexis imitated me. We had a few moments. I fussed at her, and she fussed back. I stood up, and she balled her fists at me. Gotta love the kids. She's a beautiful girl, though. That was pretty much what I did on Saturday.

Sunday:

My brother played Lupe Fiasco's The Cool while he played NBA 2K8. We exchanged gifts: I got him Season one of Eureka, and he bought me the Shawn Michaels DVD collection. Later, I exchanged gifts with "Angry" Nick Jones. He bought me the latest album from veteran rap group UGK, and I bought him Vive Guerrero, a tribute wrestling show that was done in memory of deceased WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero. He used the Spider-Man gift bag that I gave him on his birthday. He hates Spider-Man, so I had to tease him about it.

After that, Rod Pitts and I saw Walk Hard. It was a parody of music biopics like Ray and Walk the Line. I liked it, but it only made $4 million at the box office this weekend. After that, Rod and I went to Blockbuster Video. They had a sale on DVDs. He bought me some Japanese action flick and he also gave me the copy of About a Boy on DVD that he had previously purchased.

After that, I went to the Dysfunctional Family Christmas" edition of Karaoke Smackdown at the Vault on Highland. Shout out to the host David H, Joe, Natara, Nathan the bartender, Sean George and his brother, and my boy Bryan Newcomb who came out with me and recorded some of my performances. Hopefully, the footage will be in King Indie, my long-in-development documentary about my journey as an actor. David H also raffled off cheesy Christmas gifts that he got from Dollar Tree. I won a ninja set. I wore the headband for a minute, but my head was too big for the cowl. Sean's brother took my throwing stars and attached them to this necklace. He called it "Ninja Bling". Classic!!! I performed "Hey Lover" by LL Cool J and Boyz II Men, "Jingle Bells", and "The Way I Are" by Timbaland featuring Keri Hilson, Sebastian, and DOE. I thougnt that the female vocals would be prerecorded, but I had to do that part too. I pulled it off, and I even juked a little bit on the instrumental break. I had a good time.

Well, I will be getting off work early, and tomorrow, my family will celebrate over my Aunt Velma's house. I will give my mom, stepfather, and my cousin Anwar their gifts. I am getting a little excited. I sincerely wish everyone a merry Christmas and remember, gifts are cool, but family should be forever. Be easy, readers!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home