Monday, January 07, 2008

Rain, Movies, and Crushing Defeats: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work, went home, and started watching War. It turned out to be a pretty good film. Jason Statham played an FBI agent trying to track down the murderer of his partner and his partner's family. The clues point to Japanese assassin Rogue (Jet Li), but not everything is as it seems. Very good action-adventure pic. Jason Statham and Jet Li get extra points for LOOKING like they should be able to beat somebody up, as opposed to these metrosexual, nancy boy action heroes. Orlando Bloom, Ewan McGregor, Paul Walker, and Hayden Christiansen, I am looking right at you. Freakin' wuss-boys. It's a sad state of affairs when I am actually looking forward to another Rambo installment because of the lack of men's men in the action movies. End of rant.

Saturday:

I went to work, got off, got a haircut, and I went to Comics and Collectibles. Shout out to Donnie and Sean who were working there, and shout out to my buddies from the Vault karaoke nights, Kurt and Chris Haley. I rode around, chilled out at Bookstar, and went to Perkins. I wasn't feeling too good, so I called it a day and went home.

Sunday:

I spent most of the day finishing up War. I also watched the horrible defeat of my beloved Tennessee Titans. The San Diego Chargers handled us. Oh, well. I can't say I was surprised. At least we made the playoffs this year, something we didn't even come close to last year. After the defeat, I nursed my wounds by getting a sandwich from Quizno's, and then I went to the Cordova Cinema and watched I Am Legend. I don't care what the critics say, that movie rocks!!! Tell me who else other than Will Smith has the charisma to basically be on screen talking to himself and a dog for an hour? It's time for people to give this guy the respect he deserves.

It is a slow period in the film community right now, but I may be in a local artist's video this weekend. Follow your dreams, and be easy, readers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home