Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Holidays, Cool Purchases, and Auditions: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work, went home, chilled out. The end.

Saturday:

I got a haircut, went to Comics and Collectibles (http://www.memphiscomics.com/), went to Valvoline, and then to Peabody Place. A lot of stores are leaving that place. Sports Avenue is closing, so they are slashing prices. All Grizzlies jerseys are 75% off. I got a Mike Conley swingman jersey for $22.oo. He plays for the Memphis Grizzlies, in case you didn't know. Then, I saw Rambo. The script was horrible, but the carnage was awesome!!! Explosions, deaths, body parts being shot off, it was great!!! Then, I ate at Jillian's and got some ice cream from Maggie Moos. I then went to Cat's, a music store on Union Avenue. I talked music and politics with a guy behind the counter for a while.

After that, I saw a one-man play at the Hattiloo Theatre (http://www.hattilootheatre.org/). Darius Wallace, an actor/director based in Memphis, performed a one-act, one-man play about Fredrick Douglass. It was great!! He played Frederick Douglass, his grandmother, and other characters. I also ran into a friend of mine from college, Ebony. She was watching the play with her sorority sisters. Shout out to Alpha Kappa Alpha, also known as the AKAs.

I then went to Jordan's for some karaoke. I happened to be at a table full of females, but only one was straight. She was cool, though. She gave me a chocolate-covered fortune cookie. I was tired, so I called it a night.

Sunday:

I auditioned for Mark Jones' latest production at the Media Co-Op. I talked to Morgan Fix, who is one of the founders of the Media Co-Op and he informed me that they will not be closing. That was good news. Memphis needs the Co-Op. Shout out to Don Nelson, Jon Sparks (http://www.jonwsparks.blogspot.com/), and Jeff Falk, who also auditoned. I thought my audition was okay. It was a cold read, meaning that we didn't get the scripts ahead of time. Hopefully, I'll get a speaking part of some sort. After that, I went to the Malco Paradiso and saw Jumper. It was pretty good. Hayden Christiansen was decent, Rachel Bilson was decent (and cute), and Samuel Jackson was a bad mofo as usual. The movie focused on people who can teleport to different places (jumpers), and the people who track them down (paladins). The story seemed to be pretty thought out. I know that comics set in this universe are being published soon. I may have to purchase them.

After that, I went to Borders. I used my $15 off coupon to purchase Hard Boiled. This is a classic cop film that John Woo directed in China, before he came to America. It was on sale for $14.99. With my coupon, I didn't pay anything, not even tax. That was hella cool!!! Next, I went over my boy Shomari's house and watched a WWE pay-per-view.

After that, my boy Paul Briggs and I went to Karaoke Smackdown at the Vault on Highland. Shout out to the cute bartender, Amber, the KJ David H, Joe, Sean George, Curt, April Steele, and Phyllis. I performed "Roc Boys" from Jay-Z's latest album, "Nobody Knows" by Tony Rich, and then Phyllis and I dueted on Timbaland featuring Sebastian and Keri Hilson's "The Way I Are". I had to do a few moves during the instrumental break. My last song was "Fly Like an Eagle" by the Steve Miller Band. Good times.

Monday:

I stayed in the house, chilled out, and I FINALLY finished the 3-disc Special Edition of Hot Fuzz. Now I am watching the Sean Michaels retrospective DVD from the WWE. I only have 2 discs to go.

Hopefully, this week will go by fast. I am going to the Grizzlies game this Friday with my boy Bryan Newcomb. Plus, the Tigers play Tennessee on Saturday. Be easy, readers!!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post title caught my eye, really a great
one.As a Home based
Professional
I agree with you.I enjoyed my time reading
it.
I would like to share my feelings with you. If you get
the chance, come visit my work
at home

 

Post a Comment

<< Home