Monday, February 04, 2008

Tricks, Karaoke, and The Evil Mannings: The Thursday and Weekend Wrap-Up

Thursday:

The locally produced film Tricks was shown in Memphis. Tricks is a film about prostitutes. Leave me alone, I didn't write it. It was directed by DeAara Lewis (The Forgotten Ones) and she also has a major role in it. My good buddy Rod Pitts (director, What Goes Around) was the Director of Photography. DeAara's sister, Deneka, who's also a singer, also played in the film. The film has some suggestive moments, but it also has heart. I think the characters are humanized to the point to where you sumpathize with them, even if you do not condone their actions. I went to the 7 PM showing. Oh, yeah, I play Chester, a customer who has an amusing exchange when he requests a particular dance from an older prostitute named Jean. I enjoyed watching the film, and I enjoyed acting in the film. Shout out to April Hale, Christian B. of the group Free Sol, Jon Sparks (http://www.jonwsparks.blogspot.com/), and other cast members that showed up, like Keenon Nikita. I finally gave him his birthday present, Fallout Boy's latest CD. Shout out to Rodney Lomax and my old friend Paul Briggs who saw the film. After the 7 pM showing, I went to the Applebees near Studio on the Square. It was Paul's birthday, so I paid for his meal. I also got him a gift:A graphic novel reprinting Golden Age issues of Brave and the Bold. It mainly focused on Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter. I knew he'd dig it. I was told that the 9:30 PM showing was successful as well. You should buy this when it comes to DVD.

Friday:

I got off work, went to Jordan's Catfish and More and sang some karaoke. Shout out to David H, Joe, and Phyllis.

Saturday:

I got my hair cut, went to Comics and Collectibles (shout out Ron, Donnie, and Sean), and then I went to Borders. I had a coupon for 40% off DVD boxed sets. I decided to buy the complete
Flash series. It's kinda cheesy, and it ran for one year, but I liked it. Plus, the actor famous for playing Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) played a recurring villain, the Trickster. Mark Hamill rules!! Afterwards, I went home and chilled out until around 7 PM. I went to Jordan's again. It was cool.

Sunday:

I went over my boy Shomari's mom's house and watched the Super Bowl. I just want to say that Family Dollar had hot dogs, but no hot dog buns (my assigned food for the party). Family Dollar....what the hell?! Could you be any more ass backwards?! Thank goodness for Walgreens. They're crazy enought to carry hot dogs AND hot dog buns. Shout out to Terra Hollis, Shomari, Denna Greer, Paul "P-Dub" West, "Angry" Nick Jones, Courtney Wright, Terrance, and the rest of the crew. I had to root for the Patriots. The Giants' quarterback, Eli Manning, played for Ole Miss. I hate Ole Miss for a plethora of reasons. Unfortunately, Eli pulled it out. I am convinced that Archie Manning made a deal with Satan several years ago. You have three sons, and two of them lead their team to Super Bowls in consecutive years? Peyton Manning (a stinking Vol) last year, Eli Manning (a dirty Reb) this year? The Patriots would have had the first undefeated season since the Miami Dolphins in 1972. So near, yet so far. Two consecutive years I have rooted against a Manning , and been wrong. I may have to rethink my plans if a Manning makes it to the Super Bowl next year. I was angry and left Shomari's house as soon as it was over. It was a good game, though. The Mannings are devilspawn!!!

I have an audition this week on Saturday. Keenon Nikita (Dog Day Entertainment), Rod Pitts (Pittstop Productions), and DeAara Lewis (Drama Queen Productions) are working on a trilogy of horror films and will have auditions somewhere on the U of M campus. I'll have more details as the week progresses. Be easy, readers!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home